Minecraft Nintendo Switch bundle coming to Japan

00001334_820_461.jpg

00001334_01 (1).jpg 00001334_03.jpg MCStickers.jpg
Yet another third-party title is getting bundled with the Nintendo Switch, this time Minecraft. It has only been announced for Japan, and will release on the 30th of November for ¥33,000‎, the equivalent of $291 USD. The box comes with a standard grey Nintendo Switch, stickers, and a downloadable copy of Minecraft.

The Fortnite bundle that was recently released in the West is also coming to Japan, coming with 1000 V-Bucks, a costume, a glider, and other in-game accessories. It will launch for ¥29,980 on the 22nd of November.

:arrow: Source

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bundles without anything special. I don't get it. Where are the creeper joy-cons?
They don't really cost much more than the system by itself (I think the Fortnite one is actually the same price?), so they're just nice things to get people on the fence to pick up a console. Though I do agree they'd get more traction if they were special systems, I imagine the positive of them being normal is that they aren't exactly limited in quantity.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i very much understand why third party developers jump at the chance to have these bundles be a thing.
i just dont really see the point for the enduser. at least in my country, these bundles don't really come with the savings a bundle usually should encompass.

even if its just 15 bucks off of buying game and console separately...

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Huh? They went with the grey one and not with the colourful joycons for Minecraft?
I think the PC version is much better since Minecraft is one of the few games that has a wide selection of mods you not only install, but even play with for more then two hours ;). That beeing said I really like that they made a Minecraft bundle even if it's again a low efford one. I think it's the only mass phenomenon game of the recent times where I would say I'm okay that it became one.
E.g. Fortnite is a shooter where the shooting part is a bad joke and the building system dosn't helps to make it a good game, Pokémon Go has such simple gameplay that you really wonder if the persons who play it are degenerated or why they don't get what terrible boring task without any need of skill they're doing (don't come me with it makes you go more outside, if you really feel you should go more outside and need this game for it you probably have to deal with a couple of things in your life...). As for Candy Crush... It's awful uncreative in game design and there is near to zero strategy involved since what kind of candy will be added on top is random and the fields are to small for reasonable thoughtful actions (I don't say you can't come-up with a good strategy, but it's a shallow game in that regards). It pretends to have strategic deep which it hasn't while beeing a bad excuse to let you throw coins for more play time into it constantly. It really is a cheap cash grab...
Minecraft on the other hand has a fairly straightforward gameplay (yes, it improved alot in the recent years), but it has a good depth to it thanks to its Lego nature. It's encourages things like planning, envision structures, setting your own goals and achieve them with your own work, teaching patience, perseverance, attention to detail (if you want the building to actual look good), teamwork (when played in multiplayer) and so much more. It's encouraging with ethic game design and not dulling and not a awful cheap distraction like the previously named games.
It's not a hardcore game, but it's probably the best mass phenomenon game since the Wii Sport games. It's a good thing that they made this bundle and support actually good games (maybe they have guilty conscience after making this Fortnite bundle, which they should have. Making bundles with this low quality trash kind of games...).

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I just wish Nintendo would start making more Joy-Con variations available. There are like what, 3 different options available so far not counting the ones available in special editions?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly I just wish Nintendo would start making more Joy-Con variations available. There are like what, 3 different options available so far not counting the ones available in special editions?
the only ones I know are the neon blue, neon red, gray and yellow (from ARMS iirc)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would go fucking bonkers if Sims 4 came out for Switch. Touch screen compatibility PLEASE!
well, they are releasing expansions, games and stuff pack for sims 4 on xbo and ps4
IDK the total weight of all pack and base,
But I saw a compressed trusted torrent weigthing about 26gb
so, I guess it's a bit over 30gb
So, it'll require a full sd card for the sims if it comes on switch^^

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I would go fucking bonkers if Sims 4 came out for Switch. Touch screen compatibility PLEASE!

well, they are releasing expansions, games and stuff pack for sims 4 on xbo and ps4
IDK the total weight of all pack and base,
But I saw a compressed trusted torrent weigthing about 26gb
so, I guess it's a bit over 30gb
So, it'll require a full sd card for the sims if it comes on switch^^
That wouldn't necessarily mean that they'd release the whole motherload on Switch.
Besides, for someone to have ALL the content should be rare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs