Minecraft is getting a character creator in a future update

246x0w.jpg

Minecraft continues to be a juggernaut of a game, pulling in a massive 112 million players on a monthly basis. Updates for the game continue to roll out, adding new content to the decade-old title, bringing updated game mechanics, new creatures, blocks, and other additions. The latest update, which is currently playable as a beta, adds a somewhat unexpected feature: a character creator. According to the update's patch notes, players can now have much more customizability over their character, such as having the option to adjust eyes, mouth, hairstyle & colors, facial hair, skin tones, body shape and size, and limb replacement. There is set to be over 100 different items to edit your character with, for free, with additional customization being available for purchase as DLC. For those concerned about their Minecraft character skins, those will not be affected, and can still be used in future builds of the game. The Minecraft Character Creator is currently in beta on Android, Windows, and Xbox, and will eventually be playable on all platforms when the update fully launches.

:arrow: Source

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something I never even realized was lacking in the game. The game was so rudimentary it never even occurred to me they might add a character creation option.

I haven't really touched Minecraft in 4 years or so - but I like to see they are still adding stuff 10 years after I bought the title.

D

Deleted User

its so cool of them to keep pushing out updates ever after i lost interest
maybe i can get back into the game after this comes out on switch

Reactions: Briyoda and NoNAND

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Sounds cool, but is it gonna be a thing in Java Edition as well? The post only mentions Bedrock builds of the game.

EDIT: Okay, so the character creator has some cool bits, like 3D hair that looks scruffy, the ability to edit your height, and blinking eyes, but there's barely any clothing or accessories that isn't paid and that really ruins the whole thing. Even with some of these new features you weren't able to do with legacy skins, I'd still say use the classic method because the new stuff isn't that worth it (unless you like microtransactions). You can't even customise your character's things apart from the presets (well, you can set their colour, but that's it).
Also, I found it a bit funny how the only two hats they didn't make paid was the Kippah and the Hijab. I guess that would just be too outrageous.

Last edited by smileyhead,
D

Deleted User

Futari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microtransactions are a massive damper on any game, but Minecraft especially. Sucks they're gonna try to monetize something with so much potential. Bedrock's more little kids than teens/adults too (they're all on Java) so I bet it'll make a lot of money, too.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Useless.

I just want to be able to log in using my Mojang account across all my console ports of Minecraft, and use all my resourcepacks, my custom character skin I made from scratch, and have my game saves sync to my account.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Am I wrong, or have there not been all sorts of mods to do this sort of thing anyways?

For example, a server I'm on has a mod to attach animal tails to your characters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.