Minecraft 1.2 License Check

D

Deleted User

They won't it's a feature many devs worked on to implement, Pocket Edition has way faster development cycles compared to Java Edition.
They are a company, not your friend. Plus if your a mod creator, what do you want to do more? Make money off mods, or make nothing off them. hint, money would be the choice.

Reactions: Jhynjhiruu

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Why did they ruin it? Again you can download them for free online
They started off by ruining redstone, then they messed everything else up. Also you can play NES games through the NES Classic Mini, that doesn't mean no-one uses FCEUX any more

D

Deleted User

More people actually won't because they need to be partnered with Mojang to put stuff on MarketPlace
oh my god. Your right! because Microsoft is not out to make money. I mean they totally would not pay the most popular mod creators to make a mod exclusively for their appstore. Ather 2 for pe will totally not become popular enough for Microsoft to put a fat stack of cash on the creator, and they totally would ask them to make it exlusive. And I'm totally not using sarcasm. None at ALLLLL.

see the problem? any popular mod will instantly become a fat cash grab for Microsoft. All it would require is the modcreators mod to be popular enough.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry to say SANIC but its checkmate. No possible amount of hope will prevent Microsoft from doing what i just said. Microsoft runs and has a say what Mojang does. Be realistic here, money runs the world.

Last edited by ,

SANIC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh my god. Your right! because Microsoft is not out to make money. I mean they totally would not pay the most popular mod creators to make a mod exclusively for their appstore. Ather 2 for pe will totally not become popular enough for Microsoft to put a fat stack of cash on the creator, and they totally would ask them to make it exlusive. And I'm totally not using sarcasm. None at ALLLLL.

see the problem? any popular mod will instantly become a fat cash grab for Microsoft. All it would require is the modcreators mod to be popular enough.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry to say SANIC but its checkmate. No possible amount of hope will prevent Microsoft from doing what i just said. Microsoft runs and has a say what Mojang does. Be realistic here, money runs the world.
That isn't Checkmate, you realize that you're only looking at one negative thing and ignoring all the positives. PE is becoming the main version because it is the DEFINITIVE version. It has way more features than PC and has the better engine. The people who have bought MCPE out number Java 4:1. More people like Pocket Edition because it is, well, better. That number doesn't even count those people who use apks

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree. I started to hate it when they bought Mojang. They added things and changed stuff that just didn't appeal to me. Also, I'm not sure if it was Microsofts doing... But that EULA change killed most of the servers I play on. I just made servers not really fun anymore. Yes buying things that gave you a small advantage over everyone else may have been unfair. But that's literally every single game that has things that you can buy. Pay to win isn't what they wanted, but it killed a lot of servers. I despise Microsoft with a passion. I only use Windows 10 because I've grown up with the windows OS and hate change. That's probably the reason why I hate Minecraft now.
I tried to get back into it, but it just didn't have the same feeling 3+ years ago. So I did give it a chance, but won't do it again.
I'm glad they added a license check. No more cracked version. Maybe they will scan for modded versions with online cheats as well. That would be nice :rofl2:

Last edited by Lumince,
D

Deleted User

That isn't Checkmate, you realize that you're only looking at one negative thing and ignoring all the positives. PE is becoming the main version because it is the DEFINITIVE version. It has way more features than PC and has the better engine. The people who have bought MCPE out number Java 4:1. More people like Pocket Edition because it is, well, better. That number doesn't even count those people who use apks
No I'm just being a realist here. So what if it has a better engine, they are still killing PC version, And they are still going to use the community to make money. It is checkmate. If a mod becomes popular (which it will) Microsoft will throw money at the creator, so they can make money off it. THEY ARE A BUSINESS, THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY.
Which from a business point of view, it is a wise decision.
From a customer point a view, its just outright rude. Its one thing to make mods. But its another when the first version of the game not only supported custom maps, mods and textures. But it was free. But this new version, PE. Violates it, with that paid store. Before you know it, it will divide the community, which it is. Because now popular mods, will remain behind a pay wall. If you look at it this way. The free way of installing mods is a way to test if the mod is popular, if so. Then you move on to step 2. Which is throw cash at the mod creator. And then remove all builds of the mod from the page it was on, and then put those mods on the paid store. Also don't you find it unfair that in order to play this brand new version of minecraft on computers. You need windows 10 exclusively. This means mac and linux users get thrown out the window. And if they are linux and mac users. It means one thing. More money to be thrown at Microsoft, because then they are forcing those users to purchase a copy of windows 10. A version of windows I must add, filled to the brim of spying and data collection. They have key loggers for godsake! They are collecting all your data from your pc, and its personally identifiable data. Which means that they are violating your privacy. Worst part. Its nearly impossible to shut it off.

Last edited by ,

SANIC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm just being a realist here. So what if it has a better engine, they are still killing PC version, And they are still going to use the community to make money. It is checkmate. If a mod becomes popular (which it will) Microsoft will throw money at the creator, so they can make money off it. THEY ARE A BUSINESS, THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY.
Which from a business point of view, it is a wise decision.
From a customer point a view, its just outright rude. Its one thing to make mods. But its another when the first version of the game not only supported custom maps, mods and textures. But it was free. But this new version, PE. Violates it, with that paid store. Before you know it, it will divide the community, which it is. Because now popular mods, will remain behind a pay wall. If you look at it this way. The free way of installing mods is a way to test if the mod is popular, if so. Then you move on to step 2. Which is throw cash at the mod creator. And then remove all builds of the mod from the page it was on, and then put those mods on the paid store. Also don't you find it unfair that in order to play this brand new version of minecraft on computers. You need windows 10 exclusively. This means mac and linux users get thrown out the window. And if they are linux and mac users. It means one thing. More money to be thrown at Microsoft, because then they are forcing those users to purchase a copy of windows 10.
It's against ToS to actually throw money at someone to get them to join the MarketPlace they need to apply on their own accord
BTW it's said that if there is enough support for bedrock on Linux and Mac they will get ports

Last edited by SANIC,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ok everyone, lets face it. Microsoft will and probably is killing pc version, I don't care if you think other wise because I know its more than likely true.

I feel sorry for anyone who takes you seriously. That first, elongated sentence is where I stopped. You don't know. Don't act like you do.

D

Deleted User

I feel sorry for anyone who takes you seriously. That first, elongated sentence is where I stopped. You don't know. Don't act like you do.
read the entire thing and you will see my point. And if you have to, read the back forth between SANIC and I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi