Minecraft 1.0.0 Released

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok lest think here guys for EXAMPLE BF3 when it came out let say it was bad and they give the game a 5/10 but them they release a patch that fix it but the game still been judge for it first release

it was a example BF3 is a ok game is not bad
Except Notch is going to be adding important features, not just fixes.
Which reminds me, are quests ever going to come? And what about NPC's, why the hell are they there?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
ok lest think here guys for EXAMPLE BF3 when it came out let say it was bad and they give the game a 5/10 but them they release a patch that fix it but the game still been judge for it first release

it was a example BF3 is a ok game is not bad
Except Notch is going to be adding important features, not just fixed.
Which reminds me, are quests ever going to come? And what about NPC's , why the hell are they there?
They're saying that they will get some super-AI programmer to make the NPC's "do more than just walk around".

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game has been finished long ago. The "beta" has just been the actual game, just with the ability for people to say "IT'S IN THE BETA" when they criticize it. 1.0 is just another update.

I still want a refund on my copy, a complete waste of $20. For that much I could buy myself and another friend Terraria, something I've played a hell of a lot more.
And once again, we have Guild with another brilliant post!

1) The game is not finished. The release is just to have it come out of beta, and of course, to go along with Minecon and all.

2) Yes, it is just another update. And a feature-packed one at that. Here's a changelog (Specifically the 1.8.1 to 1.0.0 section).

3) Bawwwwww, does little Guildy not have any imagination to build? Is survival too hard? Should've played a pirated copy first, or the PC Gamer demo.

1) Games like Terraria are sold as "finished" products but still are constantly updated. Just because a game is "finished" means it won't get updates. I'm basically saying there'd really be no difference between whatever the next Minecraft Beta name would be and calling it "Minecraft". They could've sold it as "Minecraft" from the get go and constantly updated it. "Beta" is just tagged on their to combat any criticisms with "THE GAME ISN'T FINISHED", when a game like Terraria is marketed as finished (aka not in Beta) and gets similar updates as well.

2) So has every other major updated.

3) No, the game is just boring. There's like nothing to do. Building isn't fun. Combat isn't fun. Mining resources isn't fun. Everything is just a monotonous grind with no payoff. Sure, I can build a fancy house, maybe even a town, but for what purpose? To show it off? Maybe it is a giant sandbox but a sandbox isn't fun unless you have toys in it.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3) No, the game is just boring. There's like nothing to do. Building isn't fun. Combat isn't fun. Mining resources isn't fun. Everything is just a monotonous grind with no payoff. Sure, I can build a fancy house, maybe even a town, but for what purpose? To show it off? Maybe it is a giant sandbox but a sandbox isn't fun unless you have toys in it.
It may be like that for you, but I doubt over 3 million people are wrong. For me, all the things you listed are a blast, and I can spend hours upon hours doing them. Minecraft may not be for you, but don't make your opinions come across as fact.

Reactions: 1 person

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game has been finished long ago. The "beta" has just been the actual game, just with the ability for people to say "IT'S IN THE BETA" when they criticize it. 1.0 is just another update.

I still want a refund on my copy, a complete waste of $20. For that much I could buy myself and another friend Terraria, something I've played a hell of a lot more.

1) The game is not finished. The release is just to have it come out of beta, and of course, to go along with Minecon and all.

2) Yes, it is just another update. And a feature-packed one at that. Here's a changelog (Specifically the 1.8.1 to 1.0.0 section).

3) Bawwwwww, does little Guildy not have any imagination to build? Is survival too hard? Should've played a pirated copy first, or the PC Gamer demo.

1) Games like Terraria are sold as "finished" products but still are constantly updated. Just because a game is "finished" means it won't get updates. I'm basically saying there'd really be no difference between whatever the next Minecraft Beta name would be and calling it "Minecraft". They could've sold it as "Minecraft" from the get go and constantly updated it. "Beta" is just tagged on their to combat any criticisms with "THE GAME ISN'T FINISHED", when a game like Terraria is marketed as finished (aka not in Beta) and gets similar updates as well.

again i with Guild in this one

i am not a fan of terraria but aleast they dint pull the { this is a beta } theY give you the game as a finish product you knew what what they going with it but Minecraft is now release and as such it will be judge as a finish game and LeT me tell you is a disappointment i was expecting more

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
i am not a fan of terraria but aleast they dint pull the { this is a beta } theY give you the game as a finish product you knew what what they going with it but Minecraft is now release and as such it will be judge as a finish game and LeT me tell you is a disappointment i was expecting more
But what happened to "terraria is lazy ass game?" Oh, right, you still have no idea what you're talking about. You've never even played either game, and yet you somehow know everything about both of them.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what happened to "terraria is lazy ass game?" Oh, right, you still have no idea what you're talking about. You've never even played either game, and yet you somehow know everything about both of them.

as i SAY in the post READ please i am not a fan of terraria

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

So Guild has an opinion that people don't agree with. What else is new? Don't see what's the point in people arguing over this "beta to full release" issue...this was known for awhile. People must have known at some point that they were just buying the game at a discount for getting it early. I don't know, I feel that I got my ~$12-15 worth.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
*Waits for Optifine for 1.0*
You and me both, what with my GPU STILL not back from ASUS.

In other news, I still cannot find a stronghold. I wanna fight a damn dragon already.
Craft an ender pearl with some blaze powder to make an activated ender eye, then right-click with it and it'll fly up in the direction of the nearest stronghold. Use a few of these to try to pinpoint where it is (when you use an eye over one, it'll go down to the ground instead of up in the air), then dig down and find the portal room.

Did Notch actually just "release" Minecraft like this? You're telling me that this is the FULL, FINISHED VERSION of Minecraft? Am I the only one that is still having a hard time getting over the fact that Notch literally went from the must ok developer of all time (indisputable fact, at least to those who were around during indev and infdev ]to suddenly being the laziest, most unreliable ass to ever exist in the video gaming industry?

I cant believe i am going to say this but i am with Guild McCommunist in this one
What are you talking about?

First of all, 1.0 brings many new things to the game. The entire potion and enchantment system, the End realm, the boss fight with the ender dragon, and various new blocks and items. Second, this is the official 1.0. Mojang has said they will continue to develop the game. This is just another milestone/stage (just like Classic, Indev, Infdev, Alpha, Beta, Pre, and RC were other stages). In case you haven't noticed, very rarely do programs stop at 1.0... in fact for many that's the starting point. Notch has already confirmed there will be red dragons in the overworld (that won't be as strong as the ender dragon), official mod support, and more to come. These are things he's confirmed within the past few days as still coming in future versions.

I don't see what you all have your panties in a wrinkle for.
Holy shit the game's version number changed it's the end of the world?

Reactions: 1 person

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally agree with Rydian, and others. Totally disagree with Guild (nothing new there). Valwin is just trollin' (still nothing new). Okay, move along everyone.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1) Games like Terraria are sold as "finished" products but still are constantly updated.
Incorrect. Terraria was released unfinished because a leaked version was posted, so the team released the game early so that people would actually have the choice of buying it opposed to pirating it. The devs confirmed this on terrariaonline.com a while back, and stated 1.0.6 is what they wanted the game to be originally (the other minor patches like 1.0.6.1 being for balance or serious bugfix issues), and that 1.1 will be the first major content update.

Re-Logic sold Terraria unfinished, and give free updates to get the game to a milestone and will then keep rolling out free content.
Mojang sold Minecraft unfinished, and give free updates to get the game to a milestone and will then keep rolling out free content.

There's more parallels than that, actually. One of Terraria's recent updates brought it a potion system, different damage types, and buffs/debuffs, too (since the original version sold was unfinished). And the devs stated that even though the different damage types/elements have been implemented, nothing reacts to them yet (for example nothing takes extra magic damage or resists fire damage).

3) No, the game is just boring. There's like nothing to do. Building isn't fun. Combat isn't fun. Mining resources isn't fun. Everything is just a monotonous grind with no payoff. Sure, I can build a fancy house, maybe even a town, but for what purpose? To show it off?
Just because you don't enjoy making things like this doesn't mean that the people who do are bad people.

Maybe it is a giant sandbox but a sandbox isn't fun unless you have toys in it.
Redstone says hi. It's a sandbox game, build your own toys!
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB-LdSbshPg
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUcK6LaBUS4
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bpAPWIpBwY
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj6llEGGERk
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpH8VCoFjew

You may not enjoy making things like that, but many, MANY people do, and you have no right to insult other people for enjoying the things that you don't.

EDIT: Fixed a typo, added some more clarification.

Reactions: 2 people

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've set all of the renderers to off, I've set them to on, I've turned off particles and clouds and turned them on, I've changed my render distance, I've changed from fast FPS to power saver to balanced, I've changed ALL the settings and I either get so much lag I get around 5 FPS or I get a framerate that randomly dips every time something's rendered. I only get a good, constant framerate when I'm not moving or looking around in-game.

I may not be able to get good framerates in, say Amnesia or Morrowind, but I had no idea I wouldn't be able to get good framerates in a game that has less pixels than Centipede 3D.
http://www.minecraft...st-hd-textures/
Wait for it to be updated for 1.0.
Oooh, this looks promising, however difficult to set up it may be.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've set all of the renderers to off, I've set them to on, I've turned off particles and clouds and turned them on, I've changed my render distance, I've changed from fast FPS to power saver to balanced, I've changed ALL the settings and I either get so much lag I get around 5 FPS or I get a framerate that randomly dips every time something's rendered. I only get a good, constant framerate when I'm not moving or looking around in-game.

I may not be able to get good framerates in, say Amnesia or Morrowind, but I had no idea I wouldn't be able to get good framerates in a game that has less pixels than Centipede 3D.
http://www.minecraft...st-hd-textures/
Wait for it to be updated for 1.0.
Oooh, this looks promising, however difficult to set up it may be.
It's very easy, if you've ever installed a mod before it's the standard stick-the-files-in process.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i SAY in the post READ please i am not a fan of terraria
But from what you always said in IRC, it's a lazy game, and you're now trying to say it's not in favor of hating Minecraft instead. Please troll somewhere else, as it's really getting old.

as i say am not a fan of the game terraria i play it i dint like it it felt lazy to me but they dint pull the stunt minecraft did just now

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
as i say am not a fan of the game terraria i play it i dint like it it felt lazy to me but the dint pull the stunt minecraft did just now
What "stunt" is this?

Classic - Indev - Infdev - Alpha - Beta - Release

If label changes scare you, get off the computer. I was using firefox when it was in... GASP, "BETA"! And then it changed and WAS NO LONGER IN BETA!

The horror!

I mean yeah it keept updating, but still...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1