Milk is bad for you

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It matters where your food comes from. And what it is. As for potential harms, after decades of the trans fat misinformation debacle, I think it is wise to avoid all processed foods. Unfortunately, unless you happen to live near that almost extinct species "family farm," it is probably impossible.

Science's ability to self-correct is often shouted down, delayed, or bought off by corporados and medicine show con artists. Science is industry's bitch. The company, FDA, EMA, WMT whatever doesn't love you. It loves its bottom line and nothing else. Read Sonia Shah or Paul Farmer.... But hell, with 10,000+ nuclear weapons still in the world and less than 100 required to destroy global civilization, Pschitt-food is the least of our problems.
Believe it or not, you just proved his point that all that matters is the chemicals inside.
One of the things processed food has is unsaturated fat, trans fat being one of which which the human body does not recognize and reacts badly to it.

Which of course, produces bad Cholesterol and lowers good Cholesterol, so to speak.

It doesn't help that fat itself is rather difficult to digest compared to the other molecules as well.

It's not a matter of where, but how the chemicals are tempered when preparing food.
It is easy for example to remove the fat from meat when prepared single handedly as an example. And you can substitute said fat with other spices to produce the same (or close) quality of taste.
Molecular Gastronomy is a real thing. :)

Last edited by gamefan5,

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
-cows get raped to get milk

I see this word thrown around cheaply in lots of contexts not even involving physical or verbal contact,
but I never dreamed I'd see someone go ahead and use it here of all things.

How come did your mind go there? Is it because of the color?

I love milk.

Last edited by GHANMI,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, I majored in dead languages and my education lies like a forgotten toy on a corrugate roof I once read about in some Haiku.

I've never liked milk much; it has always smelled a little off to me even when fresh from the container, whatever the hell "fresh" means in the context of the processed shite most of us settle for from WalMart (the only store in town!).

Sadly, almost all the alternatives (soy- or nut- based) to milk are processed, sugary garbage food. There is usually only one choice that is not spiked with sugar.

I have nothing against sugar or junk food. When I eat a nice, honest Snickers bar, I know I am eating garbage that tastes good. When my milk is full of I-don't-know-what and my chips are fried in hydrogenated oil I get pissed. I also get pissed when products claim to have "zero" trans fat simply because lawyers have made it possible to round down 0.49 grams to zero. I also get pissed when I drink too much.

It matters where your food comes from. And what it is. As for potential harms, after decades of the trans fat misinformation debacle, I think it is wise to avoid all processed foods. Unfortunately, unless you happen to live near that almost extinct species "family farm," it is probably impossible.

Science's ability to self-correct is often shouted down, delayed, or bought off by corporados and medicine show con artists. Science is industry's bitch. The company, FDA, EMA, WMT whatever doesn't love you. It loves its bottom line and nothing else. Read Sonia Shah or Paul Farmer.... But hell, with 10,000+ nuclear weapons still in the world and less than 100 required to destroy global civilization, Pschitt-food is the least of our problems.
I'll use this opportunity to say that I love nukes, every country should have stacks of'em, both on SRM's and LRM's. Peace Walkers for all, that's my policy. If everyone had nukes, maybe the f*ckheads in Washington would think twice about invading countries that obviously cannot match their military power. There's no "invading" going on in Russia or China - that's because if you invade either, you'll get a nuke shoved up your a*s. No, they're invading dust bowls like Iraq or Afghanistan - because they have oil and don't have nukes. Nukes are great - nukes for everyone.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll use this opportunity to say that I love nukes, every country should have stacks of'em, both on SRM's and LRM's. Peace Walkers for all, that's my policy. If everyone had nukes, maybe the f*ckheads in Washington would think twice about invading countries that obviously cannot match their military power. There's no "invading" going on in Russia or China - that's because if you invade either, you'll get a nuke shoved in your a*s. Nukes are great.
Not every country but every citizen!
Nukes are a right of the peoples!
We shall fight so that every family can mount an ICBM on their backyard and shoot either their neighbour next door or the annoying troll on the other side of the world!
Vote sarkwalvein for president of the world and get your right granted!

PS: Trust your MADness, if mutual assured destruction doesn't protect your right, it will at least crush the right of every possible offender.

PS2: Sorry, I drank too much milk and now I am having a milk hangover.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, , Reason: LOLs
Reactions: SirNapkin1334

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
With a memory as bad as mine, ( And no conversation records can be found anymore...? ) I can only recall @kelton(12)? I forget the whole username. @Jack_Sparrow and a few others I can only remember from talking to on here.
They both made duplicate accounts which is punishable by instant permanent ban. I remember that incident.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With a memory as bad as mine, ( And no conversation records can be found anymore...? ) I can only recall @kelton(12)? I forget the whole username. @Jack_Sparrow and a few others I can only remember from talking to on here.
Nobody remembers poor explosively reactionary @the_randomizer.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I got called on by certain people for having a " Dupe ". @Gloomy Rube lol. No, but seriously, with the staff we have here, I don't trust myself to push this any further off topic than what it already is.
They're more lenient then you think. More so then most forums. There are just some situations that they are required to take action on immediately for security reasons. Duplicate accounts from the same ip is one of those, as they could be a potential attack on the site. Not to mention it's an obvious troll attempt. To be honest, if any action is taken against this conversation we're having now, they'll probably just delete our posts to clean the topic conversation. They aren't bad. In the end they have a responsibility to the site and it's owners that come before the users. That's what it means to be a staff member.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not every country but every citizen!
Nukes are a right of the peoples!
We shall fight so that every family can mount an ICBM on their backyard and shoot either their neighbour next door or the annoying troll on the other side of the world!
Vote sarkwalvein for president of the world and get your right granted!

PS: Trust your MADness, if mutual assured destruction doesn't protect your right, it will at least crush the right of every possible offender.

PS2: Sorry, I drank too much milk and now I am having a milk hangover.
As far as I'm concerned, sure. If you can afford it, put a nuclear silo in your backyard. Deterrence only works if everyone has nukes - if you don't like nukes, force everybody to disarm, preferably with nukes. I don't like the idea that some countries are found "worthy" to stockpile them and others aren't - it's as if nobody learned anything from the Cuban Missile Crisis.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I'm concerned, sure. If you can afford it, put a nuclear silo in your backyard. Deterrence only works if everyone has nukes - if you don't like nukes, force everybody to disarm, preferably with nukes. I don't like the idea that some countries are found "worthy" to stockpile them and others aren't - it's as if nobody learned anything from the Cuban Missile Crisis.
AFAIK, there are many problems with nukes.
Only looking at the strategic value of nukes, you can say that by themselves they are more of a hindrance than a deterrent.
By just having nukes you justify other countries to use nukes against you, and then comes the real problem.
Nukes are only a useful deterrent if you have an effective system to deploy them, that implies strong, advanced ever improving missile technology, a strong navy/submarine force and air force.
Also the effectiveness of yours and the others systems is affected by having advanced SAMs, radar, satellite and intelligence.
In the end, for your nuke to be useful to deter anybody else, you need to put a lot of money into developing a myriad of related technologies and maintaining up-to-date active missile sites, militar machinery and on duty forces.
Only economy or resource powerhouses like USA, Russia or China can really afford the luxury of throwing so much money into the garbage can instead of using it into more everyday issues like health, education and quality of life. IMHO.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and co op
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, kind of like mugen or rivals of aether?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width.