Miiverse to get big redesign on July 29th: Nintendo claims we used it wrong

630x.jpg

Miiverse, a quirky little social networking outlet that Nintendo released for its Wii U, and much later 3DS users, to discuss games and connect with communitites.

Almost like a certain forum outlet we have going on here right? Don't worry Nintendo, we won't sue.

So with every social outlet, sometimes redesigns and changes take place in order to better serve the community. However in this case, Nintendo decided that the community was using the platform... well, wrong. Here's the breakdown.

According to Nintendo's Miiverse spokesperson,
"Miiverse is created for gamers to talk about games," Nintendo spokesperson Erika said on the social network's announcement forum. "But over time, some people have started using Miiverse for other things, such as long chats that are not strictly game-related." The redesign was cooked up in an effort to keep Miiverse "game-centered," and is the reason users will be limited to making 30 posts a day.

To the average Miiverse user that maybe posts a screenshot or two a day, this may not seem like much. However, Miiverse fans are in an uproar over the fact that the one means of social communication that existed between friends and fans, has now had a huge lock placed on it.

Other changes include the ability to have a private screenshot album, a play journal for recording game notes, and a seperate drawing and discussion category, that will most likely still have the post-count lock on them. There will also be changes to the overall look of Miiverse and changes to gaming communities.

So now the big question is, how do you feel about these changes? Did you even use Miiverse in the first place? Does it upset you that Nintendo is further restricting your access to a social platform? Did you know GBATemp doesnt limit your post count and is a great community for discussing games and content..?

:arrow:
SOURCE

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm going to side with Nintendo on this one. People use Miiverse just to troll. The amouth of troll post and sexual roleplays... Yeah you heard me right, sexual roleplays was way too high. And Yeahs/Followers Whores, and don't forget the dick posts on the Miiverse stage of Smash Wii U. Nintendo is right, people have been using Miiverse wrong for a while now.

Reactions: keven3477

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Miiverse sucked anyway. 30 post a day. How about no.
30 posts a day is basically a Rydian pace. That's 10,000 posts a year.
If anybody actually posted in miiverse that much they would need mental health care, not a forum.

Don't use the service so this doesn't affect me although I would like to talk about subjects that interest me.
Nintendo is a game company and wants people to talk about games on their service, so I understand their point a little bit.
lets not kid ourselves, they want to get the p-bear creepy pasta adult types off their kiddy service :P

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm going to side with Nintendo on this one. People use Miiverse just to troll. The amouth of troll post and sexual roleplays... Yeah you heard me right, sexual roleplays was way too high. And Yeahs/Followers Whores, and don't forget the dick posts on the Miiverse stage of Smash Wii U. Nintendo is right, people have been using Miiverse wrong for a while now.
That happens mostly in YouTube, TVii and Netflix sections while the rest tend to be about the games than anything else so you and Nintendo are unnecessarily exaggerating.

Anyone that defends this Nintendo bs should think twice.

Reactions: chartube12

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miiverse is super pointless anyways, Nintendo would do better to integrate their stuff with existing social media such as Twitter and Facebook rather than trying to make their own.

UGH

the last thing I want is to see those stupid logos plastered all over my Nintendo games

loco365

Trophies
XP
I don't really care for Miiverse, as it's a lot of BS anyway, like people that can't figure out how stamps work and how stupid it makes them when they post a Miiverse post with a billion Mario stamps and nothing else creative.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Basic Design Lesson:
If you design something to be used a certain way and no one uses the way it was designed, you designed it wrong.

Though just looking the way e-shop is designed to see Nintendo isn't very good at it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite the overreaction crowd and ones that can only see the negative, I disagree with this update too. Miiverse was useful,fun and fine before this update.

Which is not the whole of Miiverse and this downgrade "solves" none of that. This is ineffectively punishing all for the few, and I don't think the few should be punished either. Gamers aren't robots.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TOPEST LEL

For the sake of the balls of steel, why, just why??

Who cares, I didn't used miiverse in the first place LEL.

CAN WE START A REQUEST FOR A GBATEMP APP FOR 3DS IN THE HOMEBREW SECTION? :P

I would love to see a TV designed version of this site that was fit for both the Wii U and Wii's browser. Would be a great way to "one up" the miiverse. This new 30 post a day limit is garbage. Wouldn't be much of an issue if I could chat with my friends directly from the damned friend's list and not have to log into the Miiverse EVERY time I want to send a message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg