Mighty No. 9 is Megaman's spiritual successor

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh how i love how Inafune always finds a way to shit all over Capcom's corporate meddling with Megaman.

Looks like a true Successor to classic Megaman, here's hoping for a Megaman X successor in the future

Megaman was good but Megaman X series was the best.
Capcom has still be doing some Megamans(8 bits and not that good but at leat it's something).
While classic Megaman is still going on, Megaman X franchise stopped in time.
This game look much more inspired on classic series then X series and that's a shame.
Anyway, I'm probably gonna buy this game, I hope it comes to PS3/PS4 of PSVita/3DS.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is it's not supposed to be 100% original, it's new series in the Megaman lineup just like Megaman X and Megaman Legends were when they came out. It just doesn't have the Capcom logo on it, but it's from Inafune, the guy made Megaman in the first place and all the game designers/music composers of the Megaman series who left Capcom with him.

Even without the name that's probably more Megaman that the stuff like Rockman Xover that Capcom's been shooting out recently. The character designs and sick new soundtracks they've been spitting out has already proven it to the fans.
only that its not a new series in the megaman lineup, i mean its not part of that canon.

even though it is the true successor and i will back it up when i get home

Slamicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is it's not supposed to be 100% original, it's new series in the Megaman lineup just like Megaman X and Megaman Legends were when they came out. It just doesn't have the Capcom logo on it, but it's from Inafune, the guy made Megaman in the first place and all the game designers/music composers of the Megaman series who left Capcom with him.

Even without the name that's probably more Megaman that the stuff like Rockman Xover that Capcom's been shooting out recently. The character designs and sick new soundtracks they've been spitting out has already proven it to the fans.
It's not 100% original, and it shouldn't be. But come on, I would have expected at the very least changing a few details around. Even if just the setting or something. They had the chance to do it now.
It's not supposed to be original. It's basically MegaMan without Crapcom's consent. This looks like the only way we're getting a new MegaMan game and who better than a bunch of veteran MegaMan staff. You don't have to like it. Bye for now. You won't be missed. lol.

Sorry that my opinion differs from yours. I apologize for any physical injuries it might have caused. I will not state it again and shall make sure to silence and censor anybody who does not agree with your majesty.
I expected that you'd miss me after the five minutes of hard work I put into making my previous posts. Don't you see how much effort I put into those? I thought you loved me.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not 100% original, and it shouldn't be. But come on, I would have expected at the very least changing a few details around. Even if just the setting or something. They had the chance to do it now.

Sorry that my opinion differs from yours. I apologize for any physical injuries it might have caused. I will not state it again and shall make sure to silence and censor anybody who does not agree with your majesty.
I expected that you'd miss me after the five minutes of hard work I put into making my previous posts. Don't you see how much effort I put into those? I thought you loved me.
I will admit that it is extremely similar, but it also has some new stuff.
So what makes Mighty No. 9—the character as well as the game—different? Simply put: the ability to transform! Of course our hero, Beck, earns new weapons as he defeats each of his fellow Mighty Number boss robots, but more than that, his body itself can also reconfigure into new shapes, allowing for all kinds of new skills and abilities!
255e306a6546f25f6118ca86f7e9e9ba_large.jpg

For example, his limbs might become giant magnets, enabling him to walk up walls or rip away enemy shields... Or maybe extendible spring-loaded hands would allow him to activate far-away switches or work as a grappling hook... Or he could have a tank-like body, easily crossing over spikes and pushing objects around the levels... These are just a few possibilities we’re considering (the game is still in the design phase), but you get the idea!
917d1f9ab2d7dc9ae2e0ac01b45d1e11_large.jpg

And it’s not only killing bosses that gets Beck new powers. Taking out other enemies with a certain weapon, or hitting them in their weak spot, can expose one of three types of “xel” (pronounced “cell”) energy Beck can sap (if he’s quick enough), store, and unleash later via his own Mighty Skills! Give yourself a double-jump and speed boost for a limited time, unleash a concentrated flurry of powerful punches directly ahead, or set off a blast that hurts everything on the screen! Whatever final form it takes, this system will add depth and strategy to the action, as you choose how to approach and defeat even normal bad guys to best fuel your special powers.
419a16837e4713fe0193cc55ecbb753f_large.jpg

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still cant bring myself to care about Megaman, not through lack of trying it just doesnt click with me at all :(

though those frothing at the mouth about Megaman may find some amusement in this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/92300/?snr=1_7_15__13
I was going to pull the "That's probably because you're too young! Back in my day..." but you're older than me, so... yeah. I started playing Mega Man when I was 4 or 5, so it stuck with me. A lot of younger people nowadays don't care about Mega( )man because, well... there haven't been any high-profile games released recently. It's like how my 5 year old niece doesn't know who Pac-Man or Scooby Doo are. If World War III doesn't kill us all, I expect a bleak future for us...
I will admit that it is extremely similar, but it also has some new stuff.
Every Mega Man game has some new stuff in regards to the previous installment. Whether they're charged shots, bolts, etc. I wouldn't bother trying to convince him, or anyone else, really.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game looks really interesting, I would back it if I had a creditcard or it supported Paypal. I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was going to pull the "That's probably because you're too young! Back in my day..." but you're older than me, so... yeah. I started playing Mega Man when I was 4 or 5, so it stuck with me. A lot of younger people nowadays don't care about Mega( )man because, well... there haven't been any high-profile games released recently. It's like how my 5 year old niece doesn't know who Pac-Man or Scooby Doo are. If World War III doesn't kill us all, I expect a bleak future for us...

Yea I grew up on ZX Spectrums and Sega Master System, I tried the NES Megaman games and I just cant like it as much as I really wanna controls are so stiff to me personally and unresponsive that it just cheeses me off its not a general thing of the 8 Bit games or nothing just the Nes Megaman's :/

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea I grew up on ZX Spectrums and Sega Master System, I tried the NES Megaman games and I just cant like it as much as I really wanna controls are so stiff to me personally and unresponsive that it just cheeses me off its not a general thing of the 8 Bit games or nothing just the Nes Megaman's :/
I don't really enjoy the NES Megaman games either, but Maverick Hunter X (a PSP remake of Megaman X) is pretty great. You should try it. There's also a PSP remake of the original Megaman called Megaman Powered Up. You might want to try that as well.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the stiffness is part of what it made him to begin with...

but you played one of the latest games... ZX which "spoils" the feeling of going from regular to x to zero to zx...

i started at X and could not make myself play two stages of regular for the same reason...

play X onwards... if you liked ZX you will find that Z is the same gameplay only harder, way harder...

just... dont play X7... that never happened, they went from x6 to x8...

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
the stiffness is part of what it made him to begin with...

but you played one of the latest games... ZX which "spoils" the feeling of going from regular to x to zero to zx...

i started at X and could not make myself play two stages of regular for the same reason...

play X onwards... if you liked ZX you will find that Z is the same gameplay only harder, way harder...

just... dont play X7... that never happened, they went from x6 to x8...

ZX Spectrum is a 8 Bit Home computer...

0A6CCNq.jpg

Reactions: raulpica

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I would want to back it with 60 bucks, to get a physical box. But having payed 60 bucks and wait until April 2015? Naaaaaaah, I don't really feel comfortable with that in my current economical situation :( If I had more money I wouldn't think twice about it.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still think we don't need more MegaMan :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_video_games

In Fairness that may be counting alternative versions when they have been multi platform
well... some of the megaman series dont have a true ending...

X ends with a cliff hanger, zx advent could have had a sequel and legends 3 got cancelled... i am not sure if megaman 10 ended or they could still milk it... from the main series only zero got a true ending

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153