Hacking Might I need a new Flash cart?

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my new 3DS XL arrived in the mail, I've done some searching around and my card seems to be working on other 3ds xl systems. Maybe I have the files configured incorrectly? I'm on the latest firmware, I thought that was my issue until I Read r4s message.

I'm on kernal 1.68b with firmware 5.1.0-11U

I seem to be getting this error

nqr87t.jpg

Borrowed from thread : http://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-r4i-sdhc-3ds-with-dsi-xl-having-an-issue.333821/

I also have this rv card

down_3ds.gif

The answer is more than likely right under my nose and I'm just having a hard time finding it or I'm just blind. Thanks for all those who can help and sorry if this is the wrong thread.

It worked fine on my DSi xl so I know it's not knackered.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Did you actually RUN the firmware update? Kernel updates work by simply putting them on the MicroSD, but firmware updates do not. You need to actually launch the firmware update on the R4 while it's running...

Which means that now, you need another DS to do the update since your 3DS will not run the R4.

Reactions: K3Nv2

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you actually RUN the firmware update? Kernel updates work by simply putting them on the MicroSD, but firmware updates do not. You need to actually launch the firmware update on the R4 while it's running...

Which means that now, you need another DS to do the update since your 3DS will not run the R4.

Yeah I did, so this means I'm pretty much screwed? I thought the fw had to be updated to the latest then you update the r4 cart.

Are there any other carts I can get now that'll run on my 3ds xl?

What about
R4I SDHC 3DS RTS Card

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant running the firmware update for the R4.

If the 3DS is above what the R4 supports, then it stops it. NEVER update the 3DS first.

You will need an older DS, or a new flash cart.

Do not buy "R4 SDHC".
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

I tried reading that I'm just having a heard time of knowing which flast card I should get, I know it was very dumb of me to do that.

Will it force me to update when using 3ds game?

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The r4i sdhc 3ds rts is claiming to work with the latest update unless I'm reading it wrong.

Thanks for being patient with me glad to see a place where people aren't total jerks to people that don't know what they're doing. :)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The r4i sdhc 3ds rts is claiming to work with the latest update unless I'm reading it wrong.

Thanks for being patient with me glad to see a place where people aren't total jerks to people that don't know what they're doing. :)
Please read the text at the bottom of the "which flash cart" so you know why we don't suggest clones and carts from certain sites/teams...

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

No, they are not jerks. The description was true at the time it was released. The vendors just basically copy and paste the description, without bothering to update if there is a new 3DS firmware out.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just a bit confusing because I'm told not to buy this then you say you cant recommend any. But I understand. :)

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo or a R4ids.cn R4i Gold are the best carts

what sticker does you R4i SDHC currently have? does it have 1.4.1, 1.4.2 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.4.5, V4.5, V5.0, RTS ???

I'm not seeing any numbers it just has a seal that says truth inquiry, so rts may do it? I only have $20 on my card to spend on one. :P

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo or a R4ids.cn R4i Gold are the best carts

what sticker does you R4i SDHC currently have? does it have 1.4.1, 1.4.2 1.4.3, 1.4.4, 1.4.5, V4.5, V5.0, RTS ???
In case you can't see the image in the OP, it's an RTS.

EDIT: If you're asking which card to buy, don't even consider anything but the R4i Gold from r4ids.cn, the Supercard DSTwo, or the Acekard 2i. Regrettably, I have trouble recommending the AK2i now that the team has abandoned the card.

The R4i Gold is cheaper, but the DSTwo has an embedded processor for in-game menus, juiced-up emulators, and battery draining.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I'm not seeing any numbers it just has a seal that says truth inquiry, so rts may do it? I only have $20 on my card to spend on one. :P

i would not go for a R4i-SDHC card as they drop there cards very quickly but its up to you

personally i would go for a R4i Gold by the R4ids.cn team
http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/pr..._5_compatible_wood_rev_c_rts_max_1_piece.html

then it supports wood so you will have less problems with games
and has the Firmware updates released faster

In case you can't see the image in the OP, it's an RTS.

the image on the op is a gif and cycles through them

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't have rta on my card so I'm guessing it's a a v4.5 since it wont work with my latest updated firmware?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Reactions: K3Nv2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)