Microsoft's "Metal Gear" for the XBox360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by TGBoy, Dec 31, 2007.

Dec 31, 2007
  1. TGBoy
    OP

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    Word has it that Microsoft is in collaboration with a highly talented Studio so that they can give their XBox360 something better than 'Snake'

Source

2. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Metal Gear Solid is something beyond gameplay, story and features alone, is a combination of all three that sums more than it's parts.
    Anyone that has played the Metal Gear franchise at least from the PSX games knows this and if MS thinks Kojima Productions only delivers big graphics and some sort of conspiracy plot, think again. Kojima may not be a genius but his games are the most satisfying thing I ever played since I have memory.

I truly hope the 360 gets a release of MGS4, here is to hope. [​IMG]

3. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    They've tried that before. It was called Splinter Cell.

4. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    I'd have to say its more like 80% story and 20% gameplay [​IMG] Thats what seriously turned me off from the series. Too much videos and stuff. Even if MGS4 got ported to 360, which it most likely will, I still wouldn't be raving to get it.....although I probably would at some point [​IMG]

5. Duke_Jay

Member Duke_Jay GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I dont think the 360 needs its own metal gear solid.

6. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    I read on another forum today that MGS4 will come out for the 360 10-12 months after the PS3 release.

I actually like Splinter Cell better. It's much more realistic. You can;t just throw a box over your self and have enemies turn around and see a box that wasn't there before and walk right by it. It seems as though Konami felt Splinter Cell was on to something as well, as MGS4 changed to the same 3rd person perspective as SC.

7. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil

I doubt it will come. Sony in it's commercials, put it's a PS3 exclusive. If it came to the 360, that would obviously be false advertising. At this point it's highly unlikely to come to the Xbox 360. With the PS3 having nearly 9 million or so sales by the time MGS4 comes out the PS3 will be close to 10 mill so it won't need to be ported and can remain a PS3 Exclusive.

8. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    ZeWarrior, Resident Evil 4 is then also false advertising, since it says "only for gamecube".

Its inevitable.

On topic:

...and in other news, Killzone is better than Halo.

Microsofty wont beat Metal Gear. Personally I hate the series, but I'm speaking in general.

9. ZeWarrior

Brazil

Link? Again like I said, The PS3 isn't still in the 4-5 million mark. It's close to 10 million. When Halo 3 came out the 360 was at around 12 million or so, The PS3 isn't too far behind with MGS4 so I doubt it will be ported. Anyway if it does come to the 360, I'll be the first to sue for false advertisement. I need money ._.

10. Linkiboy

United States
  11. Brouhaha

Member Brouhaha GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I thought everybody knew that re4 was a gamecube "exclusive" that got ported to the ps2 after all that MGS4 exclusivety bullshit talk lately... The only real exclusives in the capitalist game developement world are the first party titles (and you are wrongly comparing the two BTW, MGS is a third party game, Halo is not). You say Sony will have 10 million PS3 sold by the time of release, I say there are roughly 37 million nextgen consoles out there...

As for the MGS killer, it's nothing more than words right now...

12. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    They need to make it with Master Chief in it [​IMG]

13. Linkiboy

United States
    Also, PS3 has 8.89 million, not 10 million. and 360 is still outselling it 2 to 1 like before. (11 mil vs 4.5/m or w/e)

14. ZeWarrior

Brazil

I never said it had 10 million, last time I checked i put close before 10 million. If you didn't know, that means I didn't say it had 10 million And it's not 2 to 1. It's 1.83:1.

15. Linkiboy

United States
    lol

I don't really want to try to figure out ratios just to win some stupid fight, but 4.5 million vs 11.some million 360's is more than 2:1, first of all.

Second, 8.89 isnt even close to 10 million. And dont say "yes it is" because you just proved you think it isnt with "Its 1.83 to 1". You HAD to make your side look better even when I was obviously just trying to take fair ground.

16. ZeWarrior

Brazil

That was long ago. PS3 is picking up sales baby! And wtf do you mean 8.89 isn't close to 10million? That's like saying .89 isn't close to 1. Fair ground? That's bullshit. Simple math led me to 1.83:1 you really can't accept that your console is being beat by the Wii, and that the PS3 can and probably will overtake the Xbox 360.

17. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Now now Ze, don't break your streak, bud. You've been doing so well. [​IMG] And Linkiboy, stop trying to get him riled up. [​IMG]

18. Linkiboy

United States
    Ace? shhhhhhhhhhh [​IMG]

My point was, 1.83:1 was less than a million off from 2:1, but yet you had to point it out that it wasnt the same. So I pointed out that 8.89 wasnt close to 10.

PS: I have a Wii.

19. ZeWarrior

Brazil
    Read sig. So Do I.
    Italics: Just because you pointed it out, doesn't make it true.

20. Linkiboy

United States
    It just seemed you thought that the 360 was the only thing I had.

But it is true. Its over 1/10 from 1 million. 1,100,000+ units. Even if you convinced EVERYONE who registered on this forum to get one, it would be about 1,000,000 more.

You know what? I'm going to be civil, and leave it at this post. I'll sit here, enjoying my 360/DS/Wii, while you sit there drowning in your fanboyism.