Hardware Microsoft: Xbox One is worth $100 more than PS4

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course the analogy makes sense - a poem doesn't make toilet roll quality paper similarly how a game can't make bad hardware good.
You don't play hardware, though. You play games and, when you play games, you don't see the hardware. Assuming the game is a good game, you're immersed, your focus is on the game, it's not on how fast and hard your hardware is rendering things on the screen. Beautiful games can, arguably be more immersive, and weak hardware can be restrictive, but a good game will always find a way to make you forget about the bad graphics or the shortcomings of the hardware. Instead of devs complaining that they can't fit x AI enemies on the screen at once, why don't they settle with y and make them more difficult?

It's even more pointless arguing about which console is more powerful between the PS4 and XBox One. The PS3 was significantly more powerful than the XBox 360, but the majority of multi-platform PS3 games don't offer any advantages over the XBox 360 version.

Do you hate retro games because they aren't utilising bleeding edge technology for you?

Your mind is stuck in the nineties - the times when a video game console's only intended use was playing video games are in a distant past. The hardware within the system has to reflect the times - it has to be relevant to developers to spur even the slightest bit of interest, it has to give wiggle room and it has to last. These days a console is more than just a video game system - it's a media hub. At the end of the day, whatever box you buy is going to sit by your TV for the next ten or so years and the more it does and the more efficiently it performs the better. The hardware has to reflect that cycle and has to remain relevant throughout these ten years, not only for you as a consumer but also the developers.
And your mind is stuck in the noughties ― the times when video games consoles served as a useful replacement for a Blu-Ray/DVD player or an on-demand video streaming box. My TVs are now my media hubs, each one a smart TV with streaming capabilities and much more built right in. My Blu-Rays? Ripped and streamed from my network drive. The only thing I do with my games consoles is play games on them, which is just how I like it. In the future TVs might eliminate the need for dedicated games consoles, too.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol do you know what objective means?

I prefer Xbox live to PSN. Yes I know PS+ gives you discounts and free games, but the games I want, I buy as soon as they hit the shelves. Everything else available for free or discount later on PS+, I'm not interested.

I usually own both consoles, as I don't want to miss any exclusives. but I don't think I can do that this gen, as I won't pay for two online services. I'll have to wait to see how well improved the new PSN is. If it's on-par with Xbox Live, I'll buy the PS4 as it has better hardware, and is cheaper. If it can't match Xbox Live, I'll buy the XBone.

It was an exaggeration, of course.

As far as I can tell, though, most people enjoy PS3 exclusives over 360.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know. I really dont see the point in having the "American" version of the PS3 lo when there are more exclusives and better looking games on the Japanese counterpart.

Maybe the extra hundred was factored in as a way to cover the expenses of back peddling they have to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy