Hardware Microsoft: Xbox One is worth $100 more than PS4

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Xbox One will be $100 more than the PlayStation 4 and $200 more than the Wii U this holiday season, but Microsoft is not stressing over its stance as the most expensive console.
"It’s up to us to prove that it’s worth $100 more. I think it is," senior director of product planning and management at Xbox Albert Penello told GameSpot today at PAX Prime in Seattle, Washington.
He says that the games are way better, and with all the features such as Kinect, also with better online service. He says its a better system than the PS4.
Well, Sony is better, and Microsoft's Albert doesn't know what he's talking about.
That's all.
:arrow: Source
I laughed.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah...this isn't exactly news, ComeTurismO. The price has been known for some months now so it's pretty obvious microsoft thinks it's the better stuff.

Don't get me wrong...you're certainly entitled to an opinion. But it's pretty fucking immature to just say Albert Penello is wrong for having a different one. Especially in a news section thread.

Reactions: NEP

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better games? It depends on the gamer, that is just MS's opinion and not a valid excuse
Kinect? ROFL *no comment*
Better Online Service? Also not a valid excuse but PSN is perfect for me, and i have a mediocre internect connection, and Sony is adding more real servers, instead of virtual ones.
TV? PS4 also has that, except without the Kinect gimmick.

If those are MS's excuses, then we are just really wasting an extra $100

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...this isn't exactly news, ComeTurismO. The price has been known for some months now so it's pretty obvious microsoft thinks it's the better stuff.

Don't get me wrong...you're certainly entitled to an opinion. But it's pretty fucking immature to just say Albert Penello is wrong for having a different one. Especially in a news section thread.

With replies like this I see a thread lock in the near future.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You know, I just don't really want to reply to that, but I have something to say, but I don't like tostart things.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppl enjoy shitting on others due to "seniority" with this website.

Microsoft seems to be thinking that if they convince themselves its worth it, then they can convince the public. That marketing team sure knows how to sell a product amiright. Its just bad news, just like the kinetic news, internet news, price tag news, etc etc etc.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know, I just don't really want to reply to that, but I have something to say, but I don't like tostart things.
Ey...feel free to pm me about it, if you want. :)

Look...I know the sort of reply I gave wasn't nice, but I didn't made it because of trolling reasons or (God beware) microsoft fanboyism. You made a personal attack on someone who didn't choose the price of the PS4 (and probably wasn't involved in the xbone's one either), yet is determined to do his job. Namely selling the thing. He does this from his own believes without sneering or degrading the competition (sony, in other words).
As such, I don't understand why you must contradict him in such a harsh way. It's not like Albert did anything to you personally, right? :(

Reactions: NEP

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Better games? It depends on the gamer, that is just MS's opinion and not a valid excuse
Kinect? ROFL *no comment*
Better Online Service? Also not a valid excuse but PSN is perfect for me, and i have a mediocre internect connection, and Sony is adding more real servers, instead of virtual ones.
TV? PS4 also has that, except without the Kinect gimmick.

If those are MS's excuses, then we are just really wasting an extra $100

and with the PSN
many extras and NOT behind a pay wall (on Xbone you need to pay(gold account) to use the same things)

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ey...feel free to pm me about it, if you want. :)

Look...I know the sort of reply I gave wasn't nice, but I didn't made it because of trolling reasons or (God beware) microsoft fanboyism. You made a personal attack on someone who didn't choose the price of the PS4 (and probably wasn't involved in the xbone's one either), yet is determined to do his job. Namely selling the thing. He does this from his own believes without sneering or degrading the competition (sony, in other words).
As such, I don't understand why you must contradict him in such a harsh way. It's not like Albert did anything to you personally, right? :(

Well what I want to say that I didn't really intend to be like that, I was just imitating the fanboys of Sony or anything. I personally have my regards to both companies, but since I used Sony in gaming for my whole life, not Microsoft, I was like that. Really, his opinion is good, but we all are entitled to our own opinion which is true.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fan boys will buy it regardless of the price
i remember that all of my friend we complaining that the ps3 was 600€, some people here were i live don't even make that a month
me i just buy the system that has the games that i want to play

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well to be fair the Kinect will be included in the box. I personally am no fan of Kinect, but there are people out there who enjoy gaming with Kinect. I think Microsoft needs to exclude Kinect. If anyone wants one, they can pay the extra 100 for it.

As for online service, Xbox Live is better than PSN. I don't know what world you guys live in, but you people need to try Xbox Live to understand why a lot of people prefer it over PSN.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to be fair the Kinect will be included in the box. I personally am no fan of Kinect, but there are people out there who enjoy gaming with Kinect. I think Microsoft needs to exclude Kinect. If anyone wants one, they can pay the extra 100 for it.
As for online service, Xbox Live is better than PSN. I don't know what world you guys live in, but you people need to try Xbox Live to understand why a lot of people prefer it over PSN.
Well there's some hits and miss with that there.
See, while I'm completely certain in my own opinion that online feels smoother on Xbox Live, PSN offers much more then Microsoft in terms of deals and free games and such. They're both great services, but its hard to argue which one is ideally better.

As for the news thread...
Um
No shit?

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well there's some hits and miss with that there.
See, while I'm completely certain in my own opinion that online feels smoother on Xbox Live, PSN offers much more then Microsoft in terms of deals and free games and such. They're both great services, but its hard to argue which one is ideally better.

As for the news thread...
Um
No shit?

If you're talking about offers I personally prefer what PSN Plus offers over Xbox Live Gold Membership, but online gaming has always been better on Xbox Live and still is. If the PS4 changes that, be my guest. Everyone would want something good regardless which company does it, because in the end we will just be playing games.

Another point I would like to make is the controller, while I always used to Sony controllers since I owned the PS1, PS2, PS3(Till the YLOD and bought an Xbox 360). The Xbox controller is much comfortable with gaming, but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: chavosaur

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda reminds me of Sony saying something like "true gamers will shell out $600 for the PS3" when it launched.

Eh, I hear the Xbox One is getting really good pre-order numbers and I'm sure it'll sell pretty well on brand loyalty at least and people will buy it for a new Halo or similar alone but I still think the PS4 is a better investment. Although so does everyone else...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.