Microsoft: Xbox One is worth $100 more than PS4

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ComeTurismO, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    He says that the games are way better, and with all the features such as Kinect, also with better online service. He says its a better system than the PS4.
    Well, Sony is better, and Microsoft's Albert doesn't know what he's talking about.
    That's all.
    :arrow: Source
    I laughed.

2. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    "Xbone is worth $100 more" =/= "We need to prove Xbone is worth $100 more"

quinterrya, Uncle FEFL, Ron and 2 others like this.
  3. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Man whose job it is to promote the Xbox One promotes the Xbox One.

Whatever next? Plumber fixes leaky tap? Street sweeper sweeps street?

NEP, Densetsu, ferofax and 5 others like this.
  4. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Worth $100 more to me, or to the company?

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I don't see how "Microsoft thinks you should buy Microsoft product" is all that newsworthy or, you know, surprising.

Really, it'd only be news is Microsoft said the One wasn't worth the extra $100 dollars.

6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Yeah...this isn't exactly news, ComeTurismO. The price has been known for some months now so it's pretty obvious microsoft thinks it's the better stuff.

Don't get me wrong...you're certainly entitled to an opinion. But it's pretty fucking immature to just say Albert Penello is wrong for having a different one. Especially in a news section thread.

NEP likes this.
  7. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL
    Better games? It depends on the gamer, that is just MS's opinion and not a valid excuse
    Kinect? ROFL *no comment*
    Better Online Service? Also not a valid excuse but PSN is perfect for me, and i have a mediocre internect connection, and Sony is adding more real servers, instead of virtual ones.
    TV? PS4 also has that, except without the Kinect gimmick.

If those are MS's excuses, then we are just really wasting an extra $100

8. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    With replies like this I see a thread lock in the near future.

9. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    You know, I just don't really want to reply to that, but I have something to say, but I don't like tostart things.

10. Lestworth

Lestworth GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    United States
    ppl enjoy shitting on others due to "seniority" with this website.

Microsoft seems to be thinking that if they convince themselves its worth it, then they can convince the public. That marketing team sure knows how to sell a product amiright. Its just bad news, just like the kinetic news, internet news, price tag news, etc etc etc.

11. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Ey...feel free to pm me about it, if you want. :)

Look...I know the sort of reply I gave wasn't nice, but I didn't made it because of trolling reasons or (God beware) microsoft fanboyism. You made a personal attack on someone who didn't choose the price of the PS4 (and probably wasn't involved in the xbone's one either), yet is determined to do his job. Namely selling the thing. He does this from his own believes without sneering or degrading the competition (sony, in other words).
    As such, I don't understand why you must contradict him in such a harsh way. It's not like Albert did anything to you personally, right? :(

NEP likes this.
  12. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    and with the PSN
    many extras and NOT behind a pay wall (on Xbone you need to pay(gold account) to use the same things)

13. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    I smell an attention whore.

14. ComeTurismO
    OP

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    Well what I want to say that I didn't really intend to be like that, I was just imitating the fanboys of Sony or anything. I personally have my regards to both companies, but since I used Sony in gaming for my whole life, not Microsoft, I was like that. Really, his opinion is good, but we all are entitled to our own opinion which is true.

15. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    fan boys will buy it regardless of the price
    i remember that all of my friend we complaining that the ps3 was 600€, some people here were i live don't even make that a month
    me i just buy the system that has the games that i want to play

16. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010
    Well to be fair the Kinect will be included in the box. I personally am no fan of Kinect, but there are people out there who enjoy gaming with Kinect. I think Microsoft needs to exclude Kinect. If anyone wants one, they can pay the extra 100 for it.

As for online service, Xbox Live is better than PSN. I don't know what world you guys live in, but you people need to try Xbox Live to understand why a lot of people prefer it over PSN.

quinterrya, NEP and chavosaur like this.
  17. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Well there's some hits and miss with that there.
    See, while I'm completely certain in my own opinion that online feels smoother on Xbox Live, PSN offers much more then Microsoft in terms of deals and free games and such. They're both great services, but its hard to argue which one is ideally better.

As for the news thread...
    Um
    No shit?

EZ-Megaman and insidexdeath like this.
  18. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010

If you're talking about offers I personally prefer what PSN Plus offers over Xbox Live Gold Membership, but online gaming has always been better on Xbox Live and still is. If the PS4 changes that, be my guest. Everyone would want something good regardless which company does it, because in the end we will just be playing games.

Another point I would like to make is the controller, while I always used to Sony controllers since I owned the PS1, PS2, PS3(Till the YLOD and bought an Xbox 360). The Xbox controller is much comfortable with gaming, but that's just my opinion.

chavosaur likes this.
  19. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    I'm paying a $100 less to get better graphics.

However, the trade off is that I lose a camera thingy I don't want. Difficult decision time.

20. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Kinda reminds me of Sony saying something like "true gamers will shell out $600 for the PS3" when it launched.

Eh, I hear the Xbox One is getting really good pre-order numbers and I'm sure it'll sell pretty well on brand loyalty at least and people will buy it for a new Halo or similar alone but I still think the PS4 is a better investment. Although so does everyone else...

quinterrya, Foxi4 and chavosaur like this.