Microsoft won't talk about Xbox One's TV functions at E3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xuphor
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,948
  • Replies Replies 26

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
1,681
Reaction score
959
Trophies
1
Age
39
Location
USA
XP
1,521
Country
United States
:arrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/31/microsoft-wont-talk-tv-at-e3

XboxOne-610x343.jpg



"I can confirm that we will have TV's (or similar) on stage to show the games," Microsoft's Director of Programming for Xbox Live Larry Hyrb tweeted this morning. "That should be the extent of TV talk in your #E3."

Looks like Microsoft heard all the consumers backlashing about this, and they actually listened.
 
I don't mind them talking about TV functionality. We already know the Xbox can play games anyways.
 
Can't we just look at the Wii U's tv capabilities and say its basically that. Or at least somewhere between that and a actual dvr/cable box.
 
  • Like
Reactions: luigiman1928
Looks like Microsoft heard all the consumers backlashing about this, and they actually listened.
I doubt it. With the amount of time it takes to make a decent demo of a game, it's much more likely that they planned it all from the beginning. And rightfully so. They've probably listened to the flak from last year's E3, and decided to do with all the non-gaming stuff in a separate conference.

By itself, I wouldn't call it a bad move. I just think it'd be more wise to hold all the non-gaming stuff for AFTER E3.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jonesman99
So they're going to showcase a console's gaming capabilities at a gaming event ?
Nah, they're just going to fill it with more cut-scenes and possibly an annoying concert from a washed up singer.

I wonder if they will talk about sports or CoD instead of TV?
 
  • Like
Reactions: luigiman1928
so at it will be something like this
shooter shooter shooter shooter shooter
Sports Sports Sports Sports Sports
kinect kinect kinect kinect kinect

callofduty,halo,halo,forza,forza,callofduty,callofdutycallofduty,Zombies,Callofduty,FIFA,FIFA,CallofdutyFIFA.
and:TV.
 
so at it will be something like this
shooter shooter shooter shooter shooter
Sports Sports Sports Sports Sports
kinect kinect kinect kinect kinect
don't forget...
experience experience experience experience experience
 
don't forget...
experience experience experience experience experience


You forgot about the washing machine part.
But my preferred part was the hurricane of PR disasters (or rather EA and MS showing their true colors) that followed the announcement :lol:

EDIT: I find it funny that the topic's title is considered newsworthy by Microsoft
 
They've probably listened to the flak from last year's E3, and decided to do with all the non-gaming stuff in a separate conference.


I'd like to believe this, but they have had pretty consistently awful presentations for years now; last year wasn't any sort of fluke.

Don't get your hopes up too high - for all we know, Microsoft is just making room for yet another Black Eyed Peas performance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: luigiman1928
I want to see mind numbingly realistic games being played live on the box they want me to buy. How the hell they thought they could sell a gaming console by only showing a couple of pre-scripted tech demos is anyone's guess. MS would do better getting rid of all the stiffs in fucking suits and hire one of the gaming geeks off youtube who has a billion hits. Let him play a few games live while making everyone laugh and hire an experienced MC with a personality to keep the show flowing.

I think MS have gotten too comfortable selling to the corporate environment. The living room is not about improving productivity and smarter thinking it's about entertainment,relaxation and fun. Did anyone see anything that looked remotely fun or entertaining in that reveal?

MS have dug a pretty big hole and unless they can showcase some hands on play of some spectacular games I don't think they will be crawling out of it any time soon. A couple more tech demos is not going to cut it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rydian

Site & Scene News