Microsoft Rejected Heavy Rain Due To Child Abduction Plot

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Quantic Dream, the makers of Indigo Prophecy (or Fahrenheit if you're foreign and like croissants), followed that effort up with a little game called Heavy Rain. The title revolved around a serial killer with a penchant for kidnapping children, and was ultimately a PS3 exclusive.

However, as it turns out, that wasn't always the case...

:arrow:The Escapist

It's a good thing they decided against Microsoft, then. Artistic restrictions can totally be a heavy drain.

Anyway, Cage goes on to explain that Sony was much more receptive to what they were trying to accomplish (whether they actually accomplished that or now, well... your mileage may vary). While this story is hardly pressing material, it's still an interesting little insight into how the two publishers deal with developers. Will anything change as we enter the next generation? Well, we'll have to wait and see.

Plus, it's funny to imagine we all could be yelling, "Press A to Jason!" Remember that? That was amusing.

raulpica likes this.
  2. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    plus....those Heavy Rain PS3 graphix :tpi:

3. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    JAASON!
    JASON!
    JAAAASSSSOON!

But yeah, glad it didn't go to Microsoft's console, they missed out on a great game. If the plot would have been different, it wouldn't have been as good a game.

4. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Doesnt suprise me at all. Cage should remake Fahrenheit for PS4 but this time actually finish the game as intended instead of rushing the ending with the most WTF endings to a game ever. Right up untill you discover the laundry investigation the game was fine. I played and liked Heavy rain too but i always prefered Fahrenheit, i really wanna see the game properly finished and hopefully change the ending and add some more mystery and plot-twists.

5. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Microsoft missed out. The game was award-winning and sold really well. I expect the same too for Beyond.