Beyond: Two Souls Gets Release Date, Willem Dafoe

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beyond: Two Souls, Quantic Dream's followup to Heavy Rain, has been in the works for some time. The story of a girl and her connection to a supernatural entity was announced last year for the PS3. We haven't heard too much since, but it looks like Quantic Dreams is breaking the silence.

While the developers do not appear to want to develop my Mad Max-crossover idea (apparently there's just no market for Beyond Thunderdome: Two Souls), we still got some interesting tidbits.
Confirming rumors that first floated up last summer, Sony announced today that Oscar nominee Willem Dafoe, that guy from Platoon, The Boondock Saints, Shadow of the Vampire, Spider-Man and a whole bunch of other stuff, will appear in the upcoming supernatural thriller Beyond: Two Souls. Dafoe plays the Nathan Dawkins, a government scientist who works with Ellen Page's character of Jodie Holmes to unravel the secrets of her powers.

...Dafoe said that while his character is a "surrogate father" to Holmes, he also has an agenda of his own that unavoidably impacts their complex, long-standing relationship.
arrow.gif
The Escapist

Uh oh. From that description, it sounds like he might end up as Willem Da Foe.

They also went on to announce that the game would be released on October 8th of this year. Considering that the PS4 will likely launch a short time later, it's looking like this will be the system's swan song.

So the system dies with a game about ghosts? That's actually kind of fitting. Good job, Sony.

Whether or not Heavy Rain really worked is certainly up for debate, but I'll give it credit and say it was an interesting effort. I can only hope that this game takes that to the next level - and that Willem brings some of his pro acting chops to the table.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I played the demo of Heavy Rain and quite liked it, but never got around to buying the full game. Might be able to find it in a bargain bin now, with a bit of luck.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wishlist updated. Heavy Rain was a different kind of game and very emotional (sounds a bit wrong, but couldn't come up with a better word). Only game that made me stand up while playing and trying really hard to concentrate on the actual events instead of just watching the events go by :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.