Beyond: Two Souls Gets Release Date, Willem Dafoe

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Beyond: Two Souls, Quantic Dream's followup to Heavy Rain, has been in the works for some time. The story of a girl and her connection to a supernatural entity was announced last year for the PS3. We haven't heard too much since, but it looks like Quantic Dreams is breaking the silence.

While the developers do not appear to want to develop my Mad Max-crossover idea (apparently there's just no market for Beyond Thunderdome: Two Souls), we still got some interesting tidbits.
    [​IMG] The Escapist

Uh oh. From that description, it sounds like he might end up as Willem Da Foe.

They also went on to announce that the game would be released on October 8th of this year. Considering that the PS4 will likely launch a short time later, it's looking like this will be the system's swan song.

So the system dies with a game about ghosts? That's actually kind of fitting. Good job, Sony.

Whether or not Heavy Rain really worked is certainly up for debate, but I'll give it credit and say it was an interesting effort. I can only hope that this game takes that to the next level - and that Willem brings some of his pro acting chops to the table.

2. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    I played the demo of Heavy Rain and quite liked it, but never got around to buying the full game. Might be able to find it in a bargain bin now, with a bit of luck.

3. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Wishlist updated. Heavy Rain was a different kind of game and very emotional (sounds a bit wrong, but couldn't come up with a better word). Only game that made me stand up while playing and trying really hard to concentrate on the actual events instead of just watching the events go by :P