Hacking microSD management on homecreen and working on old3DS's too

Raziel0

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was looking for just an app like this
Where I can find this to download? Or at least under what name should I search for?

Thank You

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, its still more convenient than getting the screwdriver and opening the 3DS. Plus, the less often you open it the less likely the screw are going to break.
On the regular N3DS you can remove the screws by taking off the E-clips that keep them on the backplate. This way it just pops on/off, like the top cover.
Not sure about the N3DS XL though.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the regular N3DS you can remove the screws by taking off the C-clips that keep them on the backplate. This way it just pops on/off, like the top cover.
Not sure about the N3DS XL though.

Do you mean the tiny metal things? How did you get them off? One of mine fell off, the other I can't get off and it always makes taking the back off much harder than it should be.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
They're called E-clips. There are special tools for those, but I just used a flat head screwdriver to press on both ends of the clip at the same time like this:

removal_of_e-clip.jpg

This kind of clip tends to go *pinng!* and get lost forever when you do this. It's best to put everything inside a transparent plastic bag before attempting to remove them, so the bag can catch them when they fly off.

Also, be very careful not to slip or press too hard. The plastic cover is very easy to scratch.

Reactions: Oishikatta

AkiraX3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Works like charm :)

But is it possible to do the same thing with the WiFi Settings?
I Need to switch my Settings several times and i dont want to get kicked Out of the exploit:(

Thanks for help :)

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean the tiny metal things? How did you get them off? One of mine fell off, the other I can't get off and it always makes taking the back off much harder than it should be.

Mine just disappeared too. I'm not even rough with the cover I just noticed the screw was out. Luckily the carpet is white and I have good eyesight

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
gamesquest1 I downloaded the app and installed it on my 3ds XL (not the new one). But, I have a question, how can I access my SD Card from my computer then. I know I need to go to Networks, but I can't seem to find it. Do I have to make an access point on my computer by some application and connect my 3ds to that access point or I should connect both, my computer and my 3ds to the access point having internet connection? Waiting for your reply.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gamesquest1 I downloaded the app and installed it on my 3ds XL (not the new one). But, I have a question, how can I access my SD Card from my computer then. I know I need to go to Networks, but I can't seem to find it. Do I have to make an access point on my computer by some application and connect my 3ds to that access point or I should connect both, my computer and my 3ds to the access point having internet connection? Waiting for your reply.
http://www.nintendo.com.au/new-nintendo-3ds/support/microsd-management/

Reactions: GaaraPrime

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Already did that, but the device is not showing on my PC.
Also, do we need internet every time when we want to start this?
Well you need to be connected to the same wifi network as your computer.....but that pretty obvious I would hope, but afaik it doesn't have to be connected to the internet specifically,

But if your still having troubles and your certain it's set up correct, it may be router settings or something causing issues, try resetting your router etc

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well you need to be connected to the same wifi network as your computer.....but that pretty obvious I would hope, but afaik it doesn't have to be connected to the internet specifically,

But if your still having troubles and your certain it's set up correct, it may be router settings or something causing issues, try resetting your router etc

Thanks, I successfully connected my 3ds to my PC!
Thank ya really very much! Amazing App. :)

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
Speaking of ^ I can't connect to my N3DS even with the normal data management function. It appears on the network list but when I double click it I get this exactly. Turning off the Windows Firewall does nothing however and I still can't access it. Doesn't work in sys or emunand. Anybody with the same problem?

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
on my EURO O3ds XL emu 9.8 rxtool 2.5.2, i try fews version, but only mSDManagement Rebuild EUR (pastafix).cia is working great

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get ~750KB/s with SD management and ~300 with ftbrony (CIA build)
I get 5MB/s with a cheap SD card reader. the difference is huge when transferring large files.
This is on a 9.0.0 Old 3DS.

considering the MicroSD Management app seems to create a non standard SMB share that does not work on ANY of the SMB clients on Android. (I have a Oneplus One on Android 5.1.1), I am sticking to ftbrony for small files and an SD card reader for larger ones.

I do a lot of my copying via USBOTG on the Oneplus One, the speeds listed above were from my windows 8 computer.

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I managed to rebuild the USA version with a custom banner I made:

I've made this available at the usual place. Of coarse you will have to know where to look. ;)

I found a CIA of JPN version at that usual place, but I can't install it with FBI or Devmenu on CakesFW/rxTools, it will give me an error.
I only can install that CIA when I use Gateway to boot into emuNAND. Could you use this microSD management on CakesFW/rxTools?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I found a CIA of JPN version at that usual place, but I can't install it with FBI or Devmenu on CakesFW/rxTools, it will give me an error.
I only can install that CIA when I use Gateway to boot into emuNAND. Could you use this microSD management on CakesFW/rxTools?

The JPN version was likely packed using zero key encryption which only Gateway mode enables. If you install it in gateway mode, it will cause crashes and not boot once you boot into any other CFW. You'll need to find someone to repack it without encryption at all. I only worked on the USA version as I don't have a JPN console to test with (nor will I go through the time and effort to region swap a emunand partition).

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Small question about the microSD management... Is it possible to make it work using an UNIX system such as Mac OSX? I know that Nintendo is telling us that it works with Windows but it is SMB protocol, isn't it? It should work with OSX.

It worked well with my Windows 10 partition but I can't manage to make it work using OS X 10.10 Yosemite... If someone have a workaround to avoid the switch to Windows or to avoid remove the case each time I need to manage files...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1