microSD damaged after adding files to it

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Melee54, Aug 15, 2011.

Aug 15, 2011
  1. Melee54
    OP

Member Melee54 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have no idea what happened but I'm pretty sad right now. Just as usual, I decided to add some games to my SD card. Added 2 and called it quits. Turned off my PC, put the SD card into my Acekard. "System file not found". Hmm, that's odd. So I put the SD card back into my card reader and...

"Windows must format this disk to continue".

wat.

It was just working perfectly fine, and now it's damaged and cannot be read. No idea what happened. Most recovery softwares I've found only work for photos and videos. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'll format it as a last resort, but what the heck. All my saves...gone >_>

EDIT: I was able to recover the .nds files using TestDisk 6.12, but it didn't get any of the .sav files....

EDIT 2: ZAR Recovery has detected EVERYTHING that was on the SD card! Copying to PC now in hopes of everything still functioning.

EDIT 3: SUCCESS! So happy. Zero Assumption Recovery pulled everything in working order [​IMG]

2. redfalcon

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    Although you solved it, I would have suggested to try any Linux Live distribution. I had similar issues that my MicroSD card was not accessible from Windows, but had no problems on my Linux system.

3. Melee54
    OP

Member Melee54 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That was actually my next course of action [​IMG] ... Previously, my friend's external hard drive would not be read in any windows computer, but when we plugged it into a Macbook, it "magically" fixed itself and worked since then. Figured the same thing might happen with Linux.