Hacking microSD card is no longer being read by 3DS or mac and I can't access the cfw files

yazzy2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my "new" 3ds xl the other day and everything was fine until yesterday. I was playing a game and got an error saying to push any button to restart. I did and the console restarted but all of the content I had downloaded had to be unwrapped again which was weird. The next time I tried to turn on my console all of my files were gone and the microSD card could not be read. It also does not show up on my mac so I'm assuming those files are gone.

I'm picking up a new microSD card today, but what I want to know is do I just do the seedminer method process all over again? Or do I have to reset my console? I don't want to brick my ds I just got it 3 days ago /:

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I modded my "new" 3ds xl the other day and everything was fine until yesterday. I was playing a game and got an error saying to push any button to restart. I did and the console restarted but all of the content I had downloaded had to be unwrapped again which was weird. The next time I tried to turn on my console all of my files were gone and the microSD card could not be read. It also does not show up on my mac so I'm assuming those files are gone.

I'm picking up a new microSD card today, but what I want to know is do I just do the seedminer method process all over again? Or do I have to reset my console? I don't want to brick my ds I just got it 3 days ago /:
You don't have to "rehack" your 3ds. Just follow this and you should be good to go again. Also try the SD in a linux machine.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Quantumcat

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible that the license database got corrupted. if a license is absent, the game won't appear. afaik, the ticket database is in the ctrNAND.

yazzy2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks! I don't have a linux machine sadly! I reached out to the creator of the tutorial I watched and he sent me a link to a file that seems to have everything mentioned on the guide you've sent me. Do I just copy all of those contents onto my new SD and continue onto section II of the guide or am I good with the files on the SD card?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 11.23.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 11.23.19 AM.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 181

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay thanks! I don't have a linux machine sadly! I reached out to the creator of the tutorial I watched and he sent me a link to a file that seems to have everything mentioned on the guide you've sent me. Do I just copy all of those contents onto my new SD and continue onto section II of the guide or am I good with the files on the SD card?
No, follow the page linked above
You don't have to "rehack" your 3ds. Just follow this and you should be good to go again. Also try the SD in a linux machine.
It's a bad idea to follow video tutorials usually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy