Hacking Micro SD SDXC 128gb SAMSUNG - EMUNAND

CarolZa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, firt of all sorry about my bad english.
I just bought a N3DSXL with Gateway (my firmware sysnand is 6.2.0-12u) and my SD card with emunand have only 8gb of capacity.
So I was wondering if I buy a Micro SDXC Samsung with 128gb of capacity it will work properly with the emunand. I Google it about and didn't find nothing conclusive so I came here hoping you guys could help me. :(

Reactions: sneef

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Officially, N3DSXL can only support up to 32GB microSDHC. I can't confirm this, but i have heard that 64GB works.. i don't know about 128GB, i'm sorry. i have one, but i really messed it up to the point that i can't even format it using tools like Toshiba SD formatter. I do all kinds of work with android devices and others too, using forensics tools, and sometimes in my spare time i mess around too much

[edit]

check this out:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/

[/edit]

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, why not? You must only install Gateway Emunand again on your Mirco SD Card. But.. what I'm wondering is.. how can your N3DS running the firmware under 8.0? The new 3DS was never under 8.0

Reactions: sneef

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, why not? You must only install Gateway Emunand again on your Mirco SD Card. But.. what I'm wondering is.. how can your N3DS running the firmware under 8.0? The new 3DS was never under 8.0
oh.. hah. didn't catch that..

also, CarolZa, I didn't carefully read the thread i posted the link to. didn't realize it was addressing using sdxc cards in flashcarts designed for sdhc.. but the principle remains the same, in any case.

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64GB cards definitely work when formatted to FAT32. I had issues trying to use a 128GB card in the past - Gateway's launcher failed to create an emunand partition. Though, if you create the emunand partition using some other method, it might work.

CarolZa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Sorry Traiver, its Nintendo 3DS XL version só I called N(Nintendo)3DS XL. Its not the NEW 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking wifi been dipping all day