Micro SD SDXC 128gb SAMSUNG - EMUNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CarolZa, Sep 1, 2015.

1. CarolZa
    OP

CarolZa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    Brazil
    Hey guys, firt of all sorry about my bad english.
    I just bought a N3DSXL with Gateway (my firmware sysnand is 6.2.0-12u) and my SD card with emunand have only 8gb of capacity.
    So I was wondering if I buy a Micro SDXC Samsung with 128gb of capacity it will work properly with the emunand. I Google it about and didn't find nothing conclusive so I came here hoping you guys could help me. :(

sneef likes this.
  2. sneef

sneef GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2006
    United States
    somewhere between emuLIFE and sysLIFE
    Officially, N3DSXL can only support up to 32GB microSDHC. I can't confirm this, but i have heard that 64GB works.. i don't know about 128GB, i'm sorry. i have one, but i really messed it up to the point that i can't even format it using tools like Toshiba SD formatter. I do all kinds of work with android devices and others too, using forensics tools, and sometimes in my spare time i mess around too much

[edit]

check this out:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/

[/edit]

3. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    Sure, why not? You must only install Gateway Emunand again on your Mirco SD Card. But.. what I'm wondering is.. how can your N3DS running the firmware under 8.0? The new 3DS was never under 8.0

sneef likes this.
  4. sneef

sneef GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2006
    United States
    somewhere between emuLIFE and sysLIFE
    oh.. hah. didn't catch that..

also, CarolZa, I didn't carefully read the thread i posted the link to. didn't realize it was addressing using sdxc cards in flashcarts designed for sdhc.. but the principle remains the same, in any case.

5. Jim~

Jim~ GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2007
    United States
    64GB cards definitely work when formatted to FAT32. I had issues trying to use a 128GB card in the past - Gateway's launcher failed to create an emunand partition. Though, if you create the emunand partition using some other method, it might work.

6. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Just make sure you never have more than 99gb of free memory otherwise it won't work if being used in the 3ds

7. CarolZa
    OP

CarolZa Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    Brazil
    Sorry Traiver, its Nintendo 3DS XL version só I called N(Nintendo)3DS XL. Its not the NEW 3DS.

8. khpda

khpda Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2015
    my Sandisk 128GB is working fine with my N3DS (sys 9.0, emu 9.5)