Micro SD Reformatting on Mac

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Vincent T, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Vincent T
    OP

Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, California
    Ok so I have a 2 GB micro sd from patriot. When I turn on my cyclo, it says I only have 6 mb left. But I only have 9 games. Bleach(117mb), castlevania(48mb), fromtheabbys(24mb), JUS(62mb), locksquest(30mb), mariokart(24mb), somabringer(122mb), and spectrobes(59mb). Also, I have a few skins and thats pretty much it. So does it really take up all this space and have 6 mb left? Or do I have to reformat my sd card.
    Thanks.

2. Kimi

Kimi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    Have you emptied the trash? With that card mounted? Could be that you just forgot (I'm always doing it).

3. Rascal

Rascal GBAtemp Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    United States
    Kimi is correct. By default, Mac OS does keep deleted files in a hidden trash folder on SD cards. Did emptying the trash help? If you're interested, there are utilities that can a) avoid the use of trash on removable media and/or b) get rid of Mac specific files like resource forks. I'm using a utility called BlueHarvest and it does both (and more).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice