Hacking Micro SD Card Reader

Weej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my M3 Lite from Hopebuy a couple hours ago.

I ordered it on the 11th, it arrived on the morning of the 13th but I missed the UPS guy because I was asleep! So I just barely caught him today before he was about to head out.

As a previous owner of a now defunct G6 Lite, I want to make sure that the Micro SD card I buy for this won't get corrupted. I don't want to buy some $5 card reader from Hong Kong on Ebay only to get the SD card ruined.

Do they sell card readers at places like Best Buy and Circuit City?

Also, do Sandisk 1GB Micro SD's come with an SD adapter so that you can use it as an SD in addition to a Micro SD? If that's the case, I don't need to look specifically for a Micro SD reader if I can just use an SD card reader by using the adapter right?

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can find card readers at most electronics/office supply stores. The ones around me carry them for $25-35 or so.

Sandisk does come with an SD Adapter.

lexus-8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got my sd card reader from chris at the supercard store for £5.00 and it works great. i have got a sandisk 1gb microsd card and it does come with a sd adapter

hope this helps
smile.gif

dirtyweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you live near a Fry's Electronics, they should have a huge selection of card readers for cheap, unlike other stores. For $6, I got a card reader that reads CF, MS, SD, and others.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought one of those Hong Kong ones:-

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA2018.htm

However, I must say that the build quality was superb and the card reader itself is functioning much better than I ever expected it to. You can't beat the price ($3.00 shipped free world-wide), especially if you live out of the US. The card reader that I linked is for SD, not mini or micro. That site also has mini and micro SD card readers, but I can only personally vouch for the above one.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Lol, I got me one of those too, I already got one, but it was just cool to get one for a price that low
tongue.gif
. When the package arrived, it had three stamps of 1.80$ lol

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a sandisk micro SD card and they do come with an adapter. If they didn't my 27 in 1 card reader wouldn't be able to read them as it reads the SD card as well as the Mini SD card. Also about 22 other cards I have no idea of
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later