Homebrew mGBA official standalone Wii port

InfiniteBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a build with this already http://www.mediafire.com/file/ot30dj54t5wu0jw/mgba.zip

Other changes include:
Dimming (you need to hex edit it to change amount, or to remove) Default: Wii U DS VC
Restart game with the reset button.
GC L/R triggers work half-pressed.
Enabled the setting to skip bios animation.
Added Drill Dozer(Europe) rumble to the overrides.
Alternate bilinear settings, added to test limits, it's actually pretty useless.

My changes aside, you should really try Enhanced mGBA, it's got what you want and way more.

Oh, awesome! That works as well. Have you considered submitting a pull request for just the VI width change to the main branch? I feel like this is important to have in the main build, as it's a fix for a glaring oversight in the Wii port as opposed to an extraneous feature/enhancement.

gadesx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's any version that support 240p mode? in CRT looks better, there's a VBA version that support it
* 240p support added (NTSC and European RGB modes)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's any version that support 240p mode? in CRT looks better, there's a VBA version that support it

I personally wouldn't recommend VBA to anyone (save for the GUI), mGBA runs every single commercial ROM full speed, without any frameskipping or speed hacks, something VBA could never achieve on Wii.

Reactions: cvskid

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Are you asking if mGBA supports 240p too? Because it does.

In Spanish: Sí, mGBA también soporta 240p.

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEED HELP!

I want to use mGBA on my wii.. BUT I want to save all of the roms and saves to my external Fat32 HDD. I already placed the main mGBA program folder into my 1GB SD card that's in my Wii, but what now? I don't want to save roms and saves in the SD card.. can anyone guide me?? Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, need some advice.

I want to use mGBA on my wii.. BUT I want to save all of the roms and saves to my external Fat32 HDD. I already placed the main mGBA program folder into my 1GB SD card that's in my Wii, but what now? I don't want to save roms and saves in the SD card.. can anyone guide me?? Thanks!

HeavyMetalLoser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEED HELP!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, need some advice.

Pretty sure you can just put your roms onto your hard drive and it will work. When you start mGBA you're given the choice between /sd and /usb if a compatible device is plugged in, just select /usb and navigate to the directory your roms are stored in.

vAilleght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
whooow!! i am using this recently and it run all games flawesly!! Mother 3, All Castlevania's, Golden Sun and exigent games... I only want to separate save files (.sav) from roms path i search how but cant find anything on google.. anyone now how to do that?

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
whooow!! i am using this recently and it run all games flawesly!! Mother 3, All Castlevania's, Golden Sun and exigent games... I only want to separate save files (.sav) from roms path i search how but cant find anything on google.. anyone now how to do that?

You need to edit the config file and add this under the [ports.wii] section:

savegamePath=sd:/mGBA/saves/

(Or your own path I guess, I have only used that one)

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i have also the same question as vAilleght had previously, changing the savegame path, i saw that they updated mGBA to 0.6.0, but i have a hard time to get the savegame path to work with this fresh 0.6.0 version. Is it only possible with the nightly builds or also with this version?

vAilleght

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi guys, i have also the same question as vAilleght had previously, changing the savegame path, i saw that they updated mGBA to 0.6.0, but i have a hard time to get the savegame path to work with this fresh 0.6.0 version. Is it only possible with the nightly builds or also with this version?

use latest nightly build here: https://mgba.io/nightlies/1/

you need to edit a config.ini file that is at sd:/mGBA/config.ini you can edit it with WiiXplorer or just extract config.ini to a laptop or pc and put it in the path that you need in case that you use usb like me

savegamePath=usb:/saves/ or the path that you want
in case of you use SD then
savegamePath=sd:/saves/

Reactions: Flo_o and cvskid

ShadowtearX

Trophies
XP
Country
Will mGBA for the wii ever get fixed again?
v0.5.2 works fine but anything later seems to have issues with running at normal speed/sound issues again.

Would love to see this fixed sometime with the later builds.

Last edited by ShadowtearX,

NeilZander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this get a more friendly interface eventually like cover support or anything? or are we stuck with just the black background and large amounts of text? if it was a little more user friendly for people who either have trouble reading or anything this emulator would be even more perfect not just in it's stability but it's user base as well? regardless nice to see more stability to the GameBoy Advance emulator

EuroMIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which is currently the best, most stable, version of mGBA, that people would recommend?

Also, is there a channel forwarder available?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/h0w1HLp.mp4