mGBA official standalone Wii port

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by zerofalcon, Aug 18, 2015.

1. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I've found a forwarder linked in this thread, so I'll give it a try.

Unfortunately said forwarder doesn't work like the ones I have for my other emulators do and gives me an "SD not initialized" error, and since I'm partly setting this up for less tech-savvy friends where forwarders would make using this stuff much easier, if I can't find a solution by tomorrow (when the Wii is being returned) then it's back to VBA GX for now. It may not emulate as well, but the setup works and is much easier to configure.

Last edited by EuroMIX, Feb 11, 2018
  2. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    Hi!

Endrift has updated mGBA to 0.6.3, with numerous fixes, some on a general level, while others are specially for the Wii.

You can get it here:
    https://mgba.io/2018/04/14/mgba-0.6.3/

Here's the changelog for 0.6.2, which was short-lived as it introduced a few bugs fixed on 0.6.3:
    https://mgba.io/2018/04/03/mgba-0.6.2/

I haven't tried it yet, I'll do it whenever is possible, but it's great to see it keep evolving and getting better, and the Wii version still being supported!

Bart Lemming and the_randomizer like this.
  3. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I have started to test gba games with mGBA Version 0.6.3. The results will be in the wiki!

Bart Lemming likes this.
  4. MaeseJesus

MaeseJesus GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2013
    By the way, I tried a bit the official release of 0.6.3, and one difference with previous versions on Wii is that for some reason when I boot it, my TV loses the Wii's video signal for a while (around 10 seconds) as it seems to try to change into another resolution, and then comes back. Didn't happen with 0.6.1 or earlier.

I already pointed it in mGBA's forum, but I'm glad to say that if you download the latest nightly it has been improved. With the nightly, it still seems to force a change in resolution or something, but it's much quicker.

5. DragonMastax

DragonMastax Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    do anyone here know if u can use a gba as a controller if u use a gba to gamecube link cable???

6. kirbymaster101

kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    My screen is slightly off center to the left due to my crt. Can I edit config.INI to move the screen a little to the right?

7. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    United States
    Hope this helps out someone. I have made a mGBA Wii & vWii channel. Tested the vWii channel & works well. Nothing fancy, just the basic stuff.

Attached Files:

Tarmfot likes this.
  8. kirbymaster101

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    Forwarder or channel? I ask cause the latest nightly version of mgba Wii is like 0.7.5 which is I! using

9. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    United States
    It is a normal channel. I've never used the nightly builds, is there a significant advantage? if there is, simple as replacing the .dol file which i could do if you are interested.

10. kirbymaster101

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    yeah im interested.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgba/mGBA-build-latest-wii.7z

11. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2018
    United States
    sorry for the delay. ok this is the latest for Wii & vWii. again it is a normal channel, not a forwarder channel. i'll update again when a new stable version is released.

Attached Files: