dogman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The GBA saw two Metroid games: Zero Mission (Metroid 1) and Metroid Fusion (Metroid 4)
gbasp.gif
. The NDS has only seen Metroid Prime Hunters, but no 2D Metroid game whatsoever.

Could it be possible, among so many remakes being released and announced, that nintendo could be working on remakes for Metroid: Return of samus (Metroid 2) and Super Metroid (Metroid 3)?

And who do I have to talk to if I want this to happen?
tongue.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I guess sending Nintendo emails is the only way to convince them, on a sidenote, I thought I was the only chilean here, but I see I'm wrong!

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WildWon said:
I'd be happier with Super Metroid and a new 2d one. M2 was decent, but SM and a new one would be so much better
lecture.gif

I'd be happy with super metroid/metroid 2 remakes (still 2d of course). I'd like to see them expanded though and without the GO HERE, GO HERE, DO THIS, GO HERE, KILL THIS HERE, etc like in metroid fusion.

But yeah a new 2d or 2.5d metroid would be awesome, especially if it was more like super metroid in terms of gameplay/power ups/etc although more is better
biggrin.gif

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Metroid Dread was planned to come out but somehow the project got cancelled (because Nintendo is too busy releasing cooking simulations)

greygoosecat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FlatFrogger said:
WildWon said:
I'd be happier with Super Metroid and a new 2d one. M2 was decent, but SM and a new one would be so much better
lecture.gif

I'd be happy with super metroid/metroid 2 remakes (still 2d of course). I'd like to see them expanded though and without the GO HERE, GO HERE, DO THIS, GO HERE, KILL THIS HERE, etc like in metroid fusion.

But yeah a new 2d or 2.5d metroid would be awesome, especially if it was more like super metroid in terms of gameplay/power ups/etc although more is better
biggrin.gif

I agree...Something about gathering power-ups and that non-linear play that I really enjoy compared to what they did in Metroid Fusion. Super Metroid was probably one of my favorite games behind FF VI. Great soundtrack too.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
farfet, you are speaking right out of my heart. At this point I'm dying for a new 2D-Metroid, be it remake or new. If it's a remake, imo M2 would be a good choice as that aged not so well. They could upgrade the visuals, add a map (!) and add additional content. Super Metroid is great how it is, no need to remake it. But I still hope that one day we'll see it ported to DS.

The best would be of course a new game following the events of Fusion, but as you all said, with no hand holding.

Btw:
bow.gif
Metroid
bow.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I really hope nintendo never touches Super Metroid again, it's absolutely perfect as it is.

I am dying for a new 2D metroid, but if Metroid 2 were to be remade I think I'd actually prefer it in first person- just so it would be radically revisited

p.s:

SR388:

Metroid 2 remake:

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
I think 2D Metroids would be muuuuch better then that prime hunters crap :/
Why would it have to be like Hunters? If they do remake a Metroid, I'd also want it to be FP. Prime is still my favorite Metroid with Super Metroid being second. As long as they make a FP Metroid as good as Prime or a whole new 2D Metroid I'm happy. Remaking a 2D Metroid into a 2D one doesn't seem very appealing to me.

But that SR388 one looks amazing.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm also in the camp of "If they're going to remake it, go all the frick out."
"Remaking" a 2D game into a prettier 2D game is just a fancy port in my eyes.
Giving the game a whole new perspective would be much more appreciated.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why they haven't done a 2D Metroid on the DS is beyond me. The game would be an instant hit. Nintendo can be quite retarded sometimes.

My guesses as to why they haven't made one are:

There has been a contagious strain of down syndrome at Nintendo.
Casual (noob) games are MUCH easier to make. No effort really required.
Whaaa! Whaaa! All the peeps who would like it would just pirate it instead of buying it since they're not idiot noob casual game lovers that are ignorant of flashcarts. (most likely true)
They're waiting to release it on their next handheld before pirating gets out of control on it and they actually might make money on the game.
They think no one would want a 2D Metroid. (yeah, right)
Ninty has decided to screw their loyal fans by NOT giving them games they KNOW we want (2D Metroid, F-Zero, Punch-Out, etc.)
They're still trying to dig theirselves out of their pile of cash and don't want to add to the pile.
They can't figure out how to screw it up properly with stupid touchscreen controls.
They got pissed when many people complained that MPH wasn't a 2D game or that it sucked in comparison to any 2D Metroid and said, "No more Metroid for you then!"
They hate us.
They've had one ready to go for ages, but are being dicks about it.
They're afraid that the casual noob gamers will wise up and stop buying lame casual crap games once they get a gander at a game that is actually good.

Yeah, I'll bet at least one of those is why we don't have a 2D Metroid on DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In other news GeForce experience is still shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In other news GeForce experience is still shit