EZ Flash IV Metroid Fusion & Other Games not Saving

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, there I had to make a game load into NOR mode (Metroid Fusion) to play it. Anyway, when I play it (to the very first save point) and save it officially inside the game and I make sure and save two or three times...I turn off the DS Lite and restart it to see if my game is saved and I get a START NEW GAME screen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It won't load the game any other way and I'd like to continue from a save point not start all over again each time. There is a 32 KB.SAV file in the SAVER file but the Metroid Fusion game is on the root of the memory card next to the EZ-Disk folder. Please help me out. I just want to play some Metroid lol along with other games the same thing happened with Pokémon Ruby too. I tried each and both with the same result. The only games that save are the ones that don't require to be installed into the "NOR" or PSAR or whatever the hell it's called. It goes through this big process and then finally I'm able to play the games I want. I just can't get a save file to save my life. AGAIN, please help.
EDIT: I figured even though I'm using a DS Lite that "GBA" would be the correct category to post this in.

Last edited by BigDaddyWeaves,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would you recommend I replace it with?
If anyone has any other opinions please speak up!

EZ4 depends on the coin battery for save retention. That why you see "Hold L for skip save" every time you power on the console. There's only one way to get it working properly again.

1) Desolder and remove old battery, 2) ID that battery, 3) buy same battery with solder tabs (on amazon, you'll probably have to buy a pack of them), 4) solder that new battery in.

Or throw the cartridge away. Or give it away to someone who will fix it and use it.

I have an EZ4 and the battery hasn't bit it yet, but I know it will and when it does I'll replace the dead battery as described above. It's not the best flashcart anymore, but it works and I have more than one gadget here with a GBA slot.

If you want to replace it with the latest/greatest, then get the Everdrive GBA mini. It's expensive, but worth it. And Krikzz design uses battery holders, not solder tabs. So the next time this happens, you just pop a new battery in, no soldering.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to replace it with the latest/greatest, then get the Everdrive GBA mini. It's expensive, but worth it. And Krikzz design uses battery holders, not solder tabs. So the next time this happens, you just pop a new battery in, no soldering.
The EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition also uses a battery holder. But even better, it doesn't need a battery to save at all. It's only there for RTC.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition also uses a battery holder. But even better, it doesn't need a battery to save at all. It's only there for RTC.

Well, I'm impressed they finally learned. After buying several other "Everdrive" models I'm pretty much sold on Krikzz' products.

alexandreolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, there I had to make a game load into NOR mode (Metroid Fusion) to play it. Anyway, when I play it (to the very first save point) and save it officially inside the game and I make sure and save two or three times...I turn off the DS Lite and restart it to see if my game is saved and I get a START NEW GAME screen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It won't load the game any other way and I'd like to continue from a save point not start all over again each time. There is a 32 KB.SAV file in the SAVER file but the Metroid Fusion game is on the root of the memory card next to the EZ-Disk folder. Please help me out. I just want to play some Metroid lol along with other games the same thing happened with Pokémon Ruby too. I tried each and both with the same result. The only games that save are the ones that don't require to be installed into the "NOR" or PSAR or whatever the hell it's called. It goes through this big process and then finally I'm able to play the games I want. I just can't get a save file to save my life. AGAIN, please help.
EDIT: I figured even though I'm using a DS Lite that "GBA" would be the correct category to post this in.
I was having the same problem, i could only save the games if before turning off the GBA, I return to the ezflash IV menu pressing L + B + UP.

Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-