Hacking EZ Flash DE: can corrupted save data be fixed?

kbell917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen a few topics like this but mine is a bit different. my GBA roms work fine and nothing out of the ordinary happens with gb/gbc/NES games. however my metroid fusion and f-zero GP save files basically look like this:
1659041015106.png

Can this be fixed?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The answer is very likely no. You can try connecting the MicroSD to a PC and have the thing checked for errors using chkdsk, but don't expect any miracles. It can recover some files but there's no guarantee the save game is intact enough that it can be restored completely.

kbell917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is very likely no. You can try connecting the MicroSD to a PC and have the thing checked for errors using chkdsk, but don't expect any miracles. It can recover some files but there's no guarantee the save game is intact enough that it can be restored completely.
Damn. Well is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen to other games? I'm not so sure what I did to make this happen aside from trying to connect fusion to the GameCube, but I REALLY don't want pokemon emerald to get corrupted.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn. Well is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen to other games? I'm not so sure what I did to make this happen aside from trying to connect fusion to the GameCube, but I REALLY don't want pokemon emerald to get corrupted.
The best practice is to make regular backups on your PC and ensure you only save once all few seconds. The Omega needs two to three seconds after the in-game save has completed to finish writing the save file to the MicroSD. After you save count to 5 before either saving again or powering down the console. Also be sure to have your PC search for errors occasionally to keep on top of that, the Omega can't handle these and will be more prone to creating additional filesystem errors during regular use after.

kbell917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, now I have a new problem in removing the save files to start them new. The files refuse to be deleted.

aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Highly recommended.

Invest some work now, and save grief later.
Copying microSD content is swift most of the time.

Most problems with devices I had, could be attributed to memory cards.

Best bet is to get a proper one (F.e. SanDisk) from a store
(Don't even bother ordering online, some just send you a fake one)

Last edited by aoikurayami,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay, now I have a new problem in removing the save files to start them new. The files refuse to be deleted.
Insert the MicroSD into your PC, right click the drive -> Properties -> Tools -> Error Checking, let it scan through and have it fix all problems. After that you should be able to copy the files down that still work.

I would also recommend buying a SanDisk Ultra (gray is fine) or a Samsung MicroSD. If you buy them online get them from a reputable source like either Amazon directly (no third party seller, sold and shipped by amazon only), some other big chain like Newegg, MicroCenter, or what you have in your country, or pick one up at a local store. You should be able to find a 32gb SanDisk Ultra for about 6 to 8 bucks tops, maybe less if there's a sale.

kbell917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i got a completely new SD card and reimplemented everything, started a fresh new save and even a new ROM. yet I'm STILL getting corruptions in metroid fusion. is my ez flash broken?

edit: nevermind. i got it to work properly now. no more corrupted files, but I will have to start a few games all over again.

Last edited by kbell917,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-