Gaming Metroid Prime Trilogy confirmed to be on a dual layer disc?

-Aura-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Urgh, the Wii cleaner didn't work at all, so now I basically wasted $10 on a useless peice of plastic and I still can't play MPT.
hate2.gif

MikeE21286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else that has used a loader noticed this.....

while playing MP2 it does not display in 480p...only 480i (using an alt-dol method of playing the game)

-it's nothing in my settings, I have played numerous games in 480p using my current settings, it's just something about the alt-dol method preventing it from displaying in 480p

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone know if it is possible to remove the 3rd MP from the disk and just burn the first 2 to a regular dvd. I only have one dvd left to try it and would like not to waste it. Thanks

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nightbreed813 said:
So does anyone know if it is possible to remove the 3rd MP from the disk and just burn the first 2 to a regular dvd. I only have one dvd left to try it and would like not to waste it. Thanks
Thats actually a really good idea. Particularly for people who already own the 3rd game.

400th

dippyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nightbreed813 said:

I hope some one can do this. The original GC MP and MP2 were on single gamecube disks so should be able to fit on a DVD5. My wiikeyed Wii will not read dual layer disks - didn't mind not playing smash bros but I'd llike to be able to play MP1 with MP3 controls.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
BlueSteel said:
Just tried on a Verbatim DVD+R DL with LB 2084960 and my WiiKey2-modded Wii. It boots to the selection menu, but only MP3 actually loads. Trying to load MP1 and MP2 results in the screen going black and the Wii rebooting after a few seconds.
I have the exact opposite problem! I did the same burn configuration as you: Verbatim DVD+R DL at 2084960. MP1 and MP2 load, but MP3 gives me a black screen (no rebooting!)
wacko.gif
I have an original Wiikey.

BlueSteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
I have the exact opposite problem! I did the same burn configuration as you: Verbatim DVD+R DL at 2084960. MP1 and MP2 load, but MP3 gives me a black screen (no rebooting!)
wacko.gif
I have an original Wiikey.

Very weird. I even opened up my Wii today and changed the resistance of that laser poti from ~750 Ohms to 500 Ohms, since I thought it might have trouble reading one of the layers: same result.

I would be happy if I could get it to work like you did, since right now I just have a re-release of MP3 with a fancy new menu. Woo-hoo. I wonder if there is a way to remove MP3 from the disc and just burn MP1+2+menu to a DVD5; are there any tools out that let you remove files from a Wii ISO?

Some more results; I tried disabling the region-fix (PAL-Wii), that obviously did not work at all. Reducing read-speed from 6x to 3x results in the disc being unreadable. I get no error message, but the drive starts making ugly clicking noises after a while. And with region-fix and 6x speed I get reboots on MP1 and MP2 after the game's logo appears on the black background. I'm starting to suspect that the chip might be doing something weird, since in theory the menu and MP3 should be on different layers of the disc. So accessing the different layers does not seem to be the issue here.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wiikey v1 and burn it on a DL with set layerbreak. All game works/loads.

If nobody is up to it I'll try the scrubbed (or split the "image" in half) method to see if MP1 and MP2 is playable on a SL disc.

ROTAC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
I have a Wiikey v1 and burn it on a DL with set layerbreak. All game works/loads.

If nobody is up to it I'll try the scrubbed (or split the "image" in half) method to see if MP1 and MP2 is playable on a SL disc.

I have a wiikey V1 console to. And metroid prime 3 dont pass to loading menu, the others work fine, i have used the "file.DVD" with the layer break included. Did you set the layerbreak manualy on image burn? te same of smash bros?

or you check the box in imageburn to find the best match layer break?

thanks.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I set it manually in ImgBurn and yes the same from SSBB.

One of my friend use the .dvd file and said it works fine for him.

Maybe you're using a bad disc and/or old burner and/or the Wii lens is dirty/worn out?

BlueSteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to try SSBB DVD9 now, to see if that one works. If not, my burner is crap (Samsung SH-183A), otherwise it appears the WiiKey v2 might have some problem with Metroid Prime Trilogy.

By the way, is the WiiKey v2 not that popular? I haven't read any comment from anyone using it with Metroid Prime Trilogy...

EDIT: SSBB DVD9 seems to work fine, which leaves me a bit puzzled. Probably it is some problem with Wiikey 2 that has to be fixed with a new firmware...which would be the first after over 9 month.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got the chance to remove the 2nd layer using the same tool for SSBB (NOT the one that edit that pointer file to play the same video) and burn it.

- Launch game via disc channel: Works
- Load MP1, play for a bit, quit and return to main menu: Works
- Load MP2, play for a bit, quit and return to main menu: Works
- Load MP3, gave disc read error: DOESN'T WORK

Looks like MP1 and MP2 are on the first layer so you should be fine just "burning" on a SL disc.

mobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lookie401 said:
Okay, I got the chance to remove the 2nd layer using the same tool for SSBB (NOT the one that edit that pointer file to play the same video) and burn it.

- Launch game via disc channel: Works
- Load MP1, play for a bit, quit and return to main menu: Works
- Load MP2, play for a bit, quit and return to main menu: Works
- Load MP3, gave disc read error: DOESN'T WORK

Looks like MP1 and MP2 are on the first layer so you should be fine just "burning" on a SL disc.

By the "tool for SSBB" you mean an older version of WiiScrubber right?

UPDATE: Tested out the older version of WiiScrubber that removes the second layer and the game loads fine but when I select MP 1 or 2 it just sends me back to the System Menu.

Tested on cIOS 13b with NeoGamma R4. (With and without Anti 002)

Solinarius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up buying the game, as the trouble/wait trying to get it to work wouldn't be worth it to me. Alas, on the disc-load channel I get a "Cannot read disc" error. I've not a clue what could be responsible, I cleaned my lens. For reference, I've installed pre-loader and wii menu 4 (customized).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?