Gaming Metroid Prime Trilogy confirmed to be on a dual layer disc?

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaloBenish said:
New usb loaders have the option to choose an alt-dol from the image file so you can play it with alt-dol fine for most people. It just wont work for me
frown.gif
I like installing wads to my system menu, though. =(

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Haxxy said:
Haxxy said:
WHAT. I'm getting an "Unable to read disc" error! Brawl works fine, as do other games. System Menu 4.1U. I have the original '06 Wii with a Wiikey installed. Anyone else experiencing this?
For anyone also experiencing this, it turns out those with a Wiikey installed are unable to load retail dual-layer discs. I'll just remove the modchip, I guess. It's becoming pretty obsolete, anyway.
Ah! Forgot that quirk. Update to Wiikey 1.9s.

edit: nvm, still won't work that way
yaypsp.gif

Haxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Haxxy said:
Bladexdsl said:
try cloader?
My point was that I wanted to install a single Trilogy to my system menu rather than having to keep a bunch of alt dols.

what are you talking about cloader (loadstructor) does that
If I were to use Loadstructor, I would have to install 3 separate Trilogy WADs, each configured to use a different alt dol - one for each game.

isoku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is it just me or is the volume for trilogy really low compared to other games? even at 100 i have to crank it up to hear anything. and then when i decide to play another game i get blasted.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brian117 said:
Why the hell would we get a message from our ISP?
Some ISPs don't allow illegal downloads or torrents. Some ISPs only disallow illegal downloading (and allow legal torrents like Ubuntu Linux). These ISPs e-mail you a warning if they think one of your torrents/downloads are illegal.

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally Nintendo is doing something for gamers and now everyone is downing it. Metroid is one of the series that could use some boost in sales people

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not out in the UK for another 2 weeks, so annoying! I have it preordered but I don't think I can wait any longer
dry.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Phazon13 said:
finally Nintendo is doing something for gamers and now everyone is downing it. Metroid is one of the series that could use some boost in sales people

well it doesn't come out here till at least 2 months fuck it i want it now
tongue.gif

Phazon13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Phazon13 said:

well it doesn't come out here till at least 2 months fuck it i want it now
tongue.gif

Oh that's stupid indeed. If Nintendo can manage to release their games on the same time in USA,EU and AUS it would be great.
biggrin.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it is stupid we always get the shaft when it comes to movie and game releases. no wonder i download everything anyway i'm sure plenty of peeps will still buy it not every1 knows you can download these
tongue.gif

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because people are impatient and want everything right now without having to make any effort. Honestly I wish people would just be thankful if they get it at all.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
Haxxy said:
Haxxy said:
WHAT. I'm getting an "Unable to read disc" error! Brawl works fine, as do other games. System Menu 4.1U. I have the original '06 Wii with a Wiikey installed. Anyone else experiencing this?
For anyone also experiencing this, it turns out those with a Wiikey installed are unable to load retail dual-layer discs. I'll just remove the modchip, I guess. It's becoming pretty obsolete, anyway.
Ah! Forgot that quirk. Update to Wiikey 1.9s.

edit: nvm, still won't work that way
yaypsp.gif

Big thanks for the info. I have an orig Wii running 3.2U with a Wiikey 1.9s, but haven't touched it in a while. (Playing on Wii seems so lonely/empty without a friends list and achievements.) I guess I'll need to read up on them alt-USB-dol-cIOS doodads that the young people keep tellin' me about.

When Brawl came out, some people still got this disc error because their dvd drives were bad/dirty/old and couldn't handle DVD9's. Let us know if disabling/removing the Wiikey 1.9s makes any difference.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May somebody please tell me what the difference is between the Scrubbed (3.87 Gb) version and the Full (Dual Layer) version of Metroid Prime Trilogy is? Is this a case like Brawl where all the cut scenes are taken out or B) will this game expand to the full 7 gigs after downloading and un-raring the file or c) just be a 3 gb image to just burn on a single layer disc with everything on the disc. If someone wants info on where to find the "file" PM me. I'm not trying to add to piracy (granted I am one) but I am actually curious about the difference between the 2 versions of this game.

Iain12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's the file I think you're talking about, then it's just been compressed. Take it out of the 7z file and it jumps back up to 7.something GBs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....