Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Know when you shoot a door on Metroid, and it take some time to open.. well.. I could understand why this happened on the NES and SNES.. but why is this still happening on Metroid Prime 3!?
wtf.gif

I always thought this was some kind of bug in the game, some times the door takes so much time to open that makes you think that it's stuck.. it's really annoying!! Did the programmers left this just for nostalgia!? I really can't understand this..
huh.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The doors "stick" to mask the time it takes for a new part of the level to load. (Mass Effect uses elevators for that) This only happens on some doors, though, and they take slightly longer to open. And if the console has difficulty reading the DVD, it takes even longer.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just like with Prime 1 and 2, the doors mask the loading times. While your in the room, the game is loading the next room or rooms into memory. If you go through a room too fast and the door doesn't open, it means it's still loading.

But I did notice longer loading times than Prime 1 or 2.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In my opinion this happens much more then in the previous two prime-games...

But I only notices it when I began the hunt for 100% items. Before that I was too amazed of the environment, therefore I didn`t notice it at all

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I imagined it was used to load the next room.. but sometimes it takes too much time.. and sometimes that happens exactly when you're trying to run from something..

The Wii has more memory then the GC, this shouldn't happen so often
unsure.gif

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
MP3's rooms probably require more memory than MP1's/MP2's, though.

Anyway... I don't quite see why you could understand them taking a while to open in NES/SNES Metroid, mainly because I never noticed any lagging there. There shouldn't be any there, either, cause data can be read quite fast from modules.

Anyway, yeah, doors mask loading times as already stated in this topic. When you're in a room the game loads the adjecent rooms, and if you try to open a door before it finishes loading that room it'll take a while to open. This is especially noticeable in rooms which have many exits, like that round 4-way-exit room in Skyworld.

Also, in case you're using a backup, this happens with originals too.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was so annoying when I played it. Sometimes I would stand in front of a door for 10+ seconds... highly annoying.

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

Anyway... I don't quite see why you could understand them taking a while to open in NES/SNES Metroid, mainly because I never noticed any lagging there. There shouldn't be any there, either, cause data can be read quite fast from modules.

Anyway, yeah, doors mask loading times as already stated in this topic. When you're in a room the game loads the adjecent rooms, and if you try to open a door before it finishes loading that room it'll take a while to open. This is especially noticeable in rooms which have many exits, like that round 4-way-exit room in Skyworld.

I'm using a original copy..

On Super Metroid sometimes you shoot a door, it changes color but don't open.. you have to shoot it again to open.. I believe it's a bug..

The game is very good.. one of the best games I've played lately.. just the doors are kinda annoying.. specially when you are in a hurry or running from something! Yesterday my controller battery was low and I was trying to get to a save point before the battery runs out.. and the doors taking 10 seconds to open!
mad.gif

Well.. nothing can be perfect..

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm using a original copy..

On Super Metroid sometimes you shoot a door, it changes color but don't open.. you have to shoot it again to open.. I believe it's a bug..

The game is very good.. one of the best games I've played lately.. just the doors are kinda annoying.. specially when you are in a hurry or running from something! Yesterday my controller battery was low and I was trying to get to a save point before the battery runs out.. and the doors taking 10 seconds to open!
mad.gif

Well.. nothing can be perfect..

missile doors take 5 shots to open on the nes and snes metroids...
lecture.gif

shadow_cruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It was so annoying when I played it. Sometimes I would stand in front of a door for 10+ seconds... highly annoying.

I had this problem on my first Wii console modded with Wiikey. I ended up removing the Wiikey, sending it back to Nintendo and they sent me a brand new D2CKey console!

Its actually a problem with the laser/drive. The lag with the new console is 1-2 seconds at most. Before, the game was pretty much unplayable

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like with Prime 1 and 2, the doors mask the loading times. While your in the room, the game is loading the next room or rooms into memory. If you go through a room too fast and the door doesn't open, it means it's still loading.

But I did notice longer loading times than Prime 1 or 2.
Really?
I once waited 25 seconds for one door to load in Prime 1 >.>
2 wasn't so bad. 3 had the smallest load times of all the Primes for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz