hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metro-wardive
shootemup-hotspot-augmented reality game

Developer la1n has released his abstract shmup for the DS, metro-wardive. Basically this game does is convert the surrounding wifi signals into enemies based on their signal strength. It adapts as you move along, turning real-life streets into 'levels'. More in-depth description and download below.

[title:About]wardive captures the wlans in the immediate area like a wardrive-tool and creates a game. it reads the names of the hotspots in your immediate area and turns them into enemies which try to take over your wardive-cristal. try to fend them off with your touch pen, put your shields up. and don't just stay in one spot. takemetro wardivefor a walk or on a ride through town. find out how may enemies hide in the area you are in or pass through. each time you play,metro wardivecaptures different data and creates a new level for you.metro wardiveis an adaptive game with locative levels. it changes according to its real life location as much as to its virtual data world.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool, sounds fun and original. I'll give this a go on my bus ride to work! He better patent that idea before some company steals it
nyanya.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sound impressive, unfortunately with no wifi I won't be able to play it I guess. Still any feedback on how it plays, is there an objective or is it just a blow stuff up?

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sound impressive, unfortunately with no wifi I won't be able to play it I guess. Still any feedback on how it plays, is there an objective or is it just a blow stuff up?
You don't need your own wifi, that's the entire point. It picks up any wifi hotspots near you and generates enemies based on them.

This is an awesome concept for a game. It's going to be hella fun on road trips.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

You don't need your own wifi, that's the entire point. It picks up any wifi hotspots near you and generates enemies based on them.

This is an awesome concept for a game. It's going to be hella fun on road trips.

yeah I twigged after I wrote that that I wouldn't need my own wifi. Great idea, and I'll try it later on. Looking forward to it

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool concept but those who live in small towns wont get much out of it but everyone else might have an enjoyable time. I think I will have to try this a bit later on when I go out and about.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow.. What an interesting Homebrew..

I'll definitely get it once I get back home..
I have like, 14 Access Points in my neighborhood, but they're all WEP/WPA protected.

Can I still use them?

~Nero

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, reminds me of an old indie game Inner Space (still around as I recall with a pretty good demo version: it used icons from your drive to base levels around).
I had a look around suburban Washington (state) the other day and can well imagine this being a bit of fun.

Edit: here it is: http://www.sdispace.com/inspace.htm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night