METLDR 2 - New revision Blocks Downgrade

shakirmoledina

Legend
Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
6,614
Solutions
6
Reaction score
221
Trophies
2
Age
36
Location
Dar es Salaam
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
882
Country
Tanzania
QUOTE said:
Developer dospiedras1973, known for releasing the 3.70 Downgrade v1 and v2, is back with some more news, although not so good this time. On a Spanish 'scene' site yesterday, he announced he had got his hands on a PS3 Slim that came stock with v3.60 firmware, model CECH2504 with 1B Datecode to be exact. Upon exploring this new console, dospiedras has found a very interesting piece of code, containing what looks to be the METLDR 2.

From the dev
The console in question was a cech2504 with Datecode 1B

I guess that's consoles from that date forward will not downgrade for the moment.

I been working hard and trying for over 6 hours the downgrade in different ways with no luck.

In short, Has Sony truly been able to create a 'hack-proof' console? Those with stock v3.60 console are out of luck for the present.

Source
 
well that sucks
frown.gif

lucky i got me a phat
tongue.gif
(progskeet's in the mail...)
edit: ... thye can't update metldr with a system update can they...?
 
It was bound to happen, though we don't know for sure this can't be downgraded as well.
 
no i dont think a system update can do such a thing. i think its more about the model but i think the psx-scene will tell u more.

to mod: i forgot to put a reference that this i connected to ps3, can u do that for me?

EDIT: Here's a message from damox
QUOTE said:
Dont worry about METLDR version for now (you need to dump your firmware to know for sure!)

Use the date-code as the basis to determine if you can downgrade or not.

then he gave this link
 
Yes, I know it's more about the model, but anything is hackable. Someone just has to have the time and is willing to do it.
 
Lucky me I got myself a Slim with 3.56 to begin with. Well actually doesn't even concern me since I prefer use my PS3 with PSN
tongue.gif




-Qtis
 
I don't understand dont hackers have the keys that theycan assign unassigned code as legit code for the system to run homebrew so how can Sony change that not only without a system update but also a new console ?? Am I right about this I mean are those keys the ones needed to control the system that debs use to patch their games to run on the system?
 
It's not that great anyway. you can't use PSN and all the good new games don't work. Only usefull if you really care about homebrew.
 
Gh0sti said:
I don't understand dont hackers have the keys that theycan assign unassigned code as legit code for the system to run homebrew so how can Sony change that not only without a system update but also a new console ?? Am I right about this I mean are those keys the ones needed to control the system that debs use to patch their games to run on the system?
the key has been patched (changed) back in 3.56, also the addition of a white list and black list to find and block "unauthorized" code from starting while still allowing old games to work
thing is people arnt happy, new games arnt working, portal 2 still doesnt work afaik, no psn
basically its back to step one, you cant use the hack or approach of the old exploit, a new one needs to be found
 
Gh0sti said:
wait on a legit system non hacked people cant play a retail version of portal 2 since sony put in the new code??

No. People running CFW can't play it. Why the hell would they release a game that doesn't work on their console out of the box (with a possible update)?
tongue.gif
In other words, the game works on OFW.


-Qtis
 

Site & Scene News