Metal Gear Rising Gets New Trailer, Coming Early 2013

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Livin in a box, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom

Konami have released a trailer today in their pre-E3 conference for their upcoming title Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which is due for release in early 2013.

The trailer itself is quite self-explanatory, and it's above for you to marvel at. Is there anything that sword can't cut through...?

:arrow: Source

2. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

frontpaged, thanks man!

also, I'm so disappointed in that game. It may be enjoyable for some but it will never be the unforgettable hit that the first 3 MGS games are.
    :(

2 people like this.
  3. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    I guess it isn't that bad since its made by another developer (I think).
    Seems laggy as well, hope it comes for PC.
    Costello's a big fan, I remember back in the day he said so :).

4. Wintrale

Member Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    That remains to be seen. It could well be unforgettable, the best action game released since DMC3, who knows? I'd certainly like to keep my hopes up that Platinum Games can still deliver. Vanquish and Bayonetta were pretty awesome, too, and Revengeance is along the same lines.

5. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

it looks just like bayonetta to me in the MGS universe, and bayonetta is far from being as memorable as the MGS games i referred to... I hope I'm wrong.

6. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Well, without knowing that was a Metal Gear clip i would never of guessed.

Dunno what to make of it really, quite a brave move to take it in that direction, not knowing how the fan base will receive it.

7. prectorian

Newcomer prectorian Chef Kirby

Having played and still am a big fan of MGS series. The upcoming one is a big downfall in my personal opinion. It look like a cross-over to Onimusha series or whatever samurai game there is. I'd say the developers are way too bold. Making fans like me missing the classic feel of the game series. How I missed the days when Kojima was a big part of the development, though I'm sure since MGS is his brain-child, he must have endorsed how its turning out in the sequal.

8. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    So the story is after MGS4... Ah.

Hope Snake lived so we can get MGS5 afterwards :D

1 person likes this.
  9. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Snake? SNAKE!!! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Heichart

Newcomer Heichart Member

Brazil
    Here's hoping this game comes to WiiU, using Wii MotionPlus for Sword Controls ala Red Steel 2.

11. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    How many times has this game been delayed?

12. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The first half of the trailer (all the story stuff) was really fucking shitty. Like just obnoxiously produced and they're making Raiden some overly emo broody twat. Not that he wasn't that already but they're taking the game too seriously for it's own good.

The second half (gameplay) looks like the most fun I will ever play in a video game. I mean the combat is incredibly over the top and ridiculous, plus now there's some platforming and stealth stuff from the looks of it. But it looks absolutely fucking awesome and this may seriously be the best action game ever.

1 person likes this.
  13. r3gR3t

Member r3gR3t GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Personally, I've loved every MGS game I've played (witch so far have been all MGS except for 2), I still haven't been able to finish PW and 4, but they're still pretty awesome.
    I'm within the same line of not knowing what to make out of Rising :(
    Yep, pretty bold. I bet hardcore series fans will have second toughts before decidding to purchase the game.
    It be ironical if when you died someone would yell Riden? RIDEN!!! RIIIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!!! :P
    Probably not gonna happen Kojima has stated that MGS is over. He's been wanting to kill Snake for a while now.

14. Taik

Member Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    The gameplay looks amazing
    Even better than Bayonetta

It looks as though you can cut through anything and everything (he cuts a pillar at one point)

15. Guild McCommunist

United States
    I don't think you can cut through anything, just select pieces in the environment. I doubt it'll run like Red Faction (well, the first one at least, I dunno about the second one and Guerrilla/Armageddon are kinda limited in that respect) where literally everything can blow up.

16. Gh0sti

Member Gh0sti iOS Guru

United States
    i think this game will be bad ass and hope that the controls are real easy to do those combos

17. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    The game looks awesome but I don't like how easily he can defeat Metal Gears. In the other MGS games, they were formidable things that were incredibly hard to take down. Now he can cut a Metal Gear Ray to pieces with a sword and toss it?

MGS isn't over. Although we probably won't have any games with Solid Snake anymore.

18. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Well, honestly, how many Metal Gears did Raiden take down in the finale of MGS2 with just a rocket launcher? I mean he wasn't even a super soldier or anything. He was just like a top notch soldier but he wasn't cyborg ninja like now.

Plus a reasonable assumption would be that as Metal Gears and other pieces of technology like them develop, so would more weapons to defeat them. Like when nuclear weapons came to be, we started dumping massive amounts of money into weapons to defend against them, like Reagan's Star Wars program.

Also it's Metal Gear. It's always kinda ridiculous. I just don't see why people will think having a vampire being able to run on water and having a crazy Russian general who can punch through walls and is charged with electricity is fine but throwing a Metal Gear is just "too outrageous".

Metal Gears are powerful but Raiden is just fucking Raiden.

1 person likes this.
  19. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Is that "Theme of the PS Vita" playing in the background?

20. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    It looks like Prototype fused with Ninja Gaiden and then was eaten by Metal Gear. Granted, I like all of those games, but I'm not sure how they will all work out together.