Metal Gear Rising Gets New Trailer, Coming Early 2013

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Konami have released a trailer today in their pre-E3 conference for their upcoming title Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which is due for release in early 2013.

The trailer itself is quite self-explanatory, and it's above for you to marvel at. Is there anything that sword can't cut through...?

:arrow: Source

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
frontpaged, thanks man!

also, I'm so disappointed in that game. It may be enjoyable for some but it will never be the unforgettable hit that the first 3 MGS games are.
:(

Reactions: 2 people

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it isn't that bad since its made by another developer (I think).
Seems laggy as well, hope it comes for PC.
Costello's a big fan, I remember back in the day he said so :).

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
also, I'm so disappointed in that game. It may be enjoyable for some but it will never be the unforgettable hit that the first 3 MGS games are.

That remains to be seen. It could well be unforgettable, the best action game released since DMC3, who knows? I'd certainly like to keep my hopes up that Platinum Games can still deliver. Vanquish and Bayonetta were pretty awesome, too, and Revengeance is along the same lines.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
it looks just like bayonetta to me in the MGS universe, and bayonetta is far from being as memorable as the MGS games i referred to... I hope I'm wrong.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Well, without knowing that was a Metal Gear clip i would never of guessed.

Dunno what to make of it really, quite a brave move to take it in that direction, not knowing how the fan base will receive it.

prectorian

Chef Kirby
Trophies
XP
Country
Vanuatu
Having played and still am a big fan of MGS series. The upcoming one is a big downfall in my personal opinion. It look like a cross-over to Onimusha series or whatever samurai game there is. I'd say the developers are way too bold. Making fans like me missing the classic feel of the game series. How I missed the days when Kojima was a big part of the development, though I'm sure since MGS is his brain-child, he must have endorsed how its turning out in the sequal.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first half of the trailer (all the story stuff) was really fucking shitty. Like just obnoxiously produced and they're making Raiden some overly emo broody twat. Not that he wasn't that already but they're taking the game too seriously for it's own good.

The second half (gameplay) looks like the most fun I will ever play in a video game. I mean the combat is incredibly over the top and ridiculous, plus now there's some platforming and stealth stuff from the looks of it. But it looks absolutely fucking awesome and this may seriously be the best action game ever.

Reactions: 1 person

r3gR3t

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frontpaged, thanks man!

Personally, I've loved every MGS game I've played (witch so far have been all MGS except for 2), I still haven't been able to finish PW and 4, but they're still pretty awesome.
I'm within the same line of not knowing what to make out of Rising :(
Well, without knowing that was a Metal Gear clip i would never of guessed.

Dunno what to make of it really, quite a brave move to take it in that direction, not knowing how the fan base will receive it.
Yep, pretty bold. I bet hardcore series fans will have second toughts before decidding to purchase the game.
Snake? SNAKE!!! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It be ironical if when you died someone would yell Riden? RIDEN!!! RIIIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!!! :P
So the story is after MGS4... Ah.

Hope Snake lived so we can get MGS5 afterwards :D
Probably not gonna happen Kojima has stated that MGS is over. He's been wanting to kill Snake for a while now.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The gameplay looks amazing
Even better than Bayonetta

It looks as though you can cut through anything and everything (he cuts a pillar at one point)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gameplay looks amazing
Even better than Bayonetta

It looks as though you can cut through anything and everything (he cuts a pillar at one point)

I don't think you can cut through anything, just select pieces in the environment. I doubt it'll run like Red Faction (well, the first one at least, I dunno about the second one and Guerrilla/Armageddon are kinda limited in that respect) where literally everything can blow up.

D

Deleted_171835

The game looks awesome but I don't like how easily he can defeat Metal Gears. In the other MGS games, they were formidable things that were incredibly hard to take down. Now he can cut a Metal Gear Ray to pieces with a sword and toss it?

Probably not gonna happen Kojima has stated that MGS is over. He's been wanting to kill Snake for a while now.
MGS isn't over. Although we probably won't have any games with Solid Snake anymore.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game looks awesome but I don't like how easily he can defeat Metal Gears. In the other MGS games, they were formidable things that were incredibly hard to take down. Now he can cut a Metal Gear Ray to pieces with a sword and toss it?

Well, honestly, how many Metal Gears did Raiden take down in the finale of MGS2 with just a rocket launcher? I mean he wasn't even a super soldier or anything. He was just like a top notch soldier but he wasn't cyborg ninja like now.

Plus a reasonable assumption would be that as Metal Gears and other pieces of technology like them develop, so would more weapons to defeat them. Like when nuclear weapons came to be, we started dumping massive amounts of money into weapons to defend against them, like Reagan's Star Wars program.

Also it's Metal Gear. It's always kinda ridiculous. I just don't see why people will think having a vampire being able to run on water and having a crazy Russian general who can punch through walls and is charged with electricity is fine but throwing a Metal Gear is just "too outrageous".

Metal Gears are powerful but Raiden is just fucking Raiden.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like Prototype fused with Ninja Gaiden and then was eaten by Metal Gear. Granted, I like all of those games, but I'm not sure how they will all work out together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol