Hacking MESSED UP SCREW

TeraS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone

My friends have completely destroyed their DSL, so I decided to help fix it by replacing the shell. I got the tri wing + case from DXExtreme. I messed up the bottom top left corner screw with the screwdriver !!!

What can i do?????

sidenull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think hes means he striped the screw..
lecture.gif

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
easiest way is drilling it out, carefully ofcourse

but since you wanna replace the case anyway very carefully use pliers to break the case surrounding the screw

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a tiny drop of super glue on the screw head, set your screwdriver in it, wait for it to harden.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same thing when I was changing DsL shells luckly I stripped the screw while putting it in, there are bits special made for taking out stripped tools.. I had them but they weren't small though.
Like the post above says you can try carefully to drill it with a metal drill bit the size of the head and than change to one the size of the screw enough so you can pull the case apart.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i strip screw i normally try flat head screwdriver in and push down as hard as you can try with difrent screwdrivers see if you can feel it grip push down hard. or you could just smash the case around the screw try burning a knife and cut a circle in the plastic around the screw. lol these are all ways i would use to bodge it out but im normally trying to fix motorbikes. only broke 1 ds

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happened to me, and I used pliers to grip it and twist it out. You're gonna have to get a replacement, too. By the way, welcome back OMGPWN666!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...