Joy-con not working on the screen tablet

Jogarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had to open up the right joy-con on my Switch OLED the other day to replace the locking mechanism. I messed up the screw head for the casing with the screwdriver for and had to force the last screw open which made me pull out out the ribbon cable. After spending an afternoon trying to get the cables back in, I put it back together after making sure that the lights flash when I press a button.

When I tried tested it, the right joy-con won't work. It can only work when I take it out of the screen. When I put it on the controller holder for docked mode, it works, but I notice that it doesn't light up the same way the left joy-con does. Only some of the lights come on. How can I fix it?

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the ribbon cable for tears. If its all clean, then check to see if the locked ribbon moves in the connector when you wiggle it side to side. If it does shift in the connector at all, remove the lower ribbon from the connector. Put a piece of kapton tape or cello tape on the underside of the lower ribbon cable end. Not over the gold pins but on the underside and reconnect it. Make sure that it locks firmly now and see if it works as it should.

Reactions: Jogarr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol