Hacking Messed up following the 3ds.guide, anyway of starting again?

pinchez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah seems to be working fine now, I've just made a backup of everything on the sdcard.

Just reading the guide and it says-

You can remove any extra files and folders from the root of the SD card that are not in the following list:

+ 3ds
+ DCIM
+ files9
+ hblauncherloader
+ luma
+ Nintendo 3DS
+ arm9loaderhax.bin
+ boot.3dsx

So it's safe to remove cias and a9lh folder?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah seems to be working fine now, I've just made a backup of everything on the sdcard.

Just reading the guide and it says-

You can remove any extra files and folders from the root of the SD card that are not in the following list:

+ 3ds
+ DCIM
+ files9
+ hblauncherloader
+ luma
+ Nintendo 3DS
+ arm9loaderhax.bin
+ boot.3dsx

So it's safe to remove cias and a9lh folder?
Yes.

pinchez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not even deleted a9lh folder yet and I'm sure I made a copy otp.bin earlier while following the guide. My 3DS is a bit tied up at the moment ;)

pinchez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Games and everything seem to be working great however...

I have a old R4i-SDHC card updated to kernel v1.84b that I use to use on a DS lite. I tried inserting it to my N3DSXL but when I launch the card the screen goes black and powers off. I'm guessing the card isn't compatible and I'll need a new one? after some research it seems the R4i Gold 3DS RTS card is the one to go for but where would be best to get one from with quick reliable delivery to U.K.?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Games and everything seem to be working great however...

I have a old R4i-SDHC card updated to kernel v1.84b that I use to use on a DS lite. I tried inserting it to my N3DSXL but when I launch the card the screen goes black and powers off. I'm guessing the card isn't compatible and I'll need a new one? after some research it seems the R4i Gold 3DS RTS card is the one to go for but where would be best to get one from with quick reliable delivery to U.K.?

If you've done CTR Transfer to 9.2, which I believe you did according to this thread, then your DSi/DS functionality is broken. Follow this to fix it, and then try your R4 again. If it still doesn't work, then try a Slot-1 Launcher to launch it. There's also the TWLoader which allows you to launch games from your internal SD card, but compatability is limited. If it supports games that you'd play then you don't even need a flashcart.

Also note that according to what's written in the TWLoader thread, you CAN use R4i-SDHC with a 3DS. There's instructions for that in that thread and what you must download. If you use your R4 with TWLoader then it will obviously support all games.

Last edited by Distrance,

pinchez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you've done CTR Transfer to 9.2, which I believe you did according to this thread, then your DSi/DS functionality is broken. Follow this to fix it, and then try your R4 again. If it still doesn't work, then try a Slot-1 Launcher to launch it. There's also the TWLoader which allows you to launch games from your internal SD card, but compatability is limited. If it supports games that you'd play then you don't even need a flashcart.

I've just read about that fix in the guide, originally thought it was just for original DS cartridge games but found a thread where it fixed someone's R4 card, as soon as I can use my 3DS I'll try the "fix"

I've heard about TWLoader but to be honest I'd rather use an R4 etc. It just seems the best solution:)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

I've just read about that fix in the guide, originally thought it was just for original DS cartridge games but found a thread where it fixed someone's R4 card, as soon as I can use my 3DS I'll try the "fix"

I've heard about TWLoader but to be honest I'd rather use an R4 etc. It just seems the best solution:)

If you read what I edited in you'll see that you can use TWLoader to launch R4. Basically does the same thingh as Slot-1 Launcher, but if the R4 doesn't work as is .. Not all cards do, so for some you do need to use an app to launch it.

Reactions: pinchez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI