Memorex's Wii Motion Plus controller with wireless nunhuck release

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Xuphor, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Xuphor
    OP

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    [​IMG]

http://www.memorex.c...o-Pack-for-Wii/
    It's only $39.99 at Fry's Electronics if you have one near you, I just bought one there.

I have not opened it yet, but I made sure I got one. Very stylish and nice looking design, a Circle Pad (that's what it is, they only can't call it that for copyright concerns) for the d-pad, built in Motion Plus, a wireless nunchuck that also looks very nice, nunchuck battery is rechargable so no awkward shaped pieces for standard batteries, all rubberized, etc, I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Later tonight I'll try it out with various games (some using nunchuck, some not, some using Motion Plus, some not, some without motion at all, etc), and post a full review.... somewhere..... on this site. I don't know where that should go, if anyone here knows where to post hardware accessory reviews, please tell me. I'll put a link on this thread to it when I've posted it too.

EDIT: Review I give this, assuming you don't get a defective nunchuck like I did the first time: 10/10 easily.

2. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Looks weird. Could you post a video of what it looks like? I don't think the pic does it justice.

3. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    It seems amazing.

4. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Wow...that looks....

Hawt...

Nice color scheme...*Love Black with Blue Led*, wireless is pretty awesome for something like this *Yay no teathering stuff*

Not a bad design either, if anything I'd say it looks better than the official Black Wiimote, except that aint saying a whole lot, since well...anything looks better than the Official one.

Can someone explain to me why this contraption did not exist earlier in the Wii's lifespan, it would have been so perfect.

5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I've never had good experiences with third party accessories in general, especially controllers. It looks nice, but I know that Nintendo's official controllers will hold up over the years. Even my Wiimotes still work, and their perfectly throwable design and aggravating boss fights in No More Heroes 2 have really shown their durability.

Same with Gamecube controllers, those things still work just as well as day one, albeit a bit dusty.

1 person likes this.
  6. Zerosuit connor

Member Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Australia
    Memorex does brilliant hard drives and flash drives, but I would love to see what they could do with a lot more consumer electronics.

7. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    Afterglow controllers for Wii are just as good in design and functionality as the first party ones IMO (I have Afterglow wiimote and nunchuck), but they cost literally half the price as official. That makes them better to me.

As for videos.... I can try, but I don't have any good video recording devices, so it'll look pretty bad, no guarantee. I can definately take better picturess though.

So, Guild, where do I post the review? Since you're a staff, I'd think you'd know.

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, now that I think about, the circle pad could be a useful substitute for some games like Other M. Of course that'd require me to play Other M so that's kinda a loss in the end.

You can post all reviews here if you're a standard user. I still post my personal reviews there as well.

1 person likes this.
  9. Nimbus

United Kingdom
    I too can attest to that Guild. My Gamecube controlers are still working soundly, even after the sheer abuse I put them through in SSBM, Kirby Air Ride, Zelda, etc, they just keep on going.

It's like they were built to be tanks or something.

I had what I assume to be bad luck though with one of my stock wiimotes though. The damn A button broke on it after just a months use, and then of all things, the start button stopped working. I am assuming it was a defect, but I expected something much more out of something I paid $50 at the time for.

Except if you ask me, the Afterglow controlers look much cooler than the first party ones. Price is an important factor, which explains why my work is ordering so many in *God bless the day after thanksgiving, in retail we literally prepare months in advance*.

Still think this wireless one beats both of them to bits with looks alone.

10. Zerosuit connor

Australia
    [yt]Z8r3QsXRs5A[/yt]

11. Nimbus

United Kingdom
    So..it's shiny *I like shiny......*

The only issue that he seemed to cover was the B button, and I'll assume that was the only significant issue.

I might pick up one of these, but then again I rarely use my Wii (Outside of Brawl, and emulators "Hey, I dont always use my computer for Emulation, sometimes I like it on a big screen")

12. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I may actually get this with my wii u. I wish they would do a black wii u off the back tho...

13. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    I'm kinda concrned tbh, I like it and partly bought it because it's show in the picture and even on the box that I bought as a solid black with blue led controller. The ONLY pictures/videos I can find of it outside the box are black and white like that, which looks very ugly imo. I really hope it actually is solid black, if not, that's INSANELY bad false advertising.

EDIT: Found this picture:
    http://www.hmr.ph/uploads/products/131019657684828500.jpg

That's the exact box that I got, and it's clear that that wiimote is solid black. I'm starting to wonder if the difference is that the Motion Plus versions are solid colors while the non-motion plus version (yes, they are around) are that black/white thing.

14. Zerosuit connor

Australia
    I think this maybe an older model. The one in the picture is all black with grip and this one isn't

15. Nimbus

United Kingdom
    Still looks nice either way imho.

Now, this thing just needs to come with Red, Green, Yellow, and white Led's as well. At that point it'll be..well...pretty damn bawws.

16. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    See my Edit :P

But yes, I'm thinking that the ones with the white backing are the ones that are not Motion Plus controllers, aka the earlier models.

17. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
  18. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    http://www.barnesand...07986312&itm=20

No, that white/black design is a different design entirely, you can barely see the "Controller Plus" on the side of the wiimote there. Also the description says "With motion Plus"
    I'm glad I got the solid black personally :P That or the solid pink one would have been good imo, but Fry's didn't have that one.

PS - WTF is Barnes and Noble thinking charging $70 for it? It's $50 MSRB, $40 at Fry's, and $48 at Walmart. 0.o

@Mercluke - Memorex..... they need to advertise more apparently, don't they? Well, maybe this'll drive up sales of them, you're welcome :)

19. Xuphor
    OP

United States
    Found a video that actually shwos the d-pad moving. It's..... not entirely circle-pad looking actually. Somewhere between a joystick and a circle pad it appears, very nice imo. (Skip to 0:33 to see the d-pad in use)

20. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    lol thier media is absolute crap (blank cds dvds) what makes you think that this will be quality built?