OP
Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Evenin' Temp.
So I'm rather bored so I thought I'd start this topic. Online games. We play 'em, we love them (some of them), we make fun of new players for the dumb stuff they say, get accused of hacks and of course some funny things happen.

I shall start. Mine's more just interacting with noobs on TF2.
QUOTE said:
"DUDE, WHY DO I HAVE THREE WEAPONS?"
"How do I melee with my shotgun?"
"Where's the Plasma Sword?"
And as an added bonus have a thing.

You guys got anything you'd like to share?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally getting a Barroth Switch Axe in MHT. Oh, how I love it so
wub.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably back when I ran a guild of 120 or so. I think we capped it at 120 because we were too powerful already...yeah had to be 120.
Basically ran the Ragnarok server we were on, it was fantastic.

Being co-leader of a smaller guild on a different server was also really fun, leading people to victory when it was like 10 of us vs 30 people, and we always managed to protect our castle.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember playing this game, Gunz I think...

So two guys were busy trading what seemed like all their ammo machine-gunning each other from like 5 feet away [or whatever unit of measure is used on online FPSes anyways]. I strolled by with my newly-purchased shotgun, and randomly took a potshot at them [I was too far away to even hope to hit them]. Then one of the guys died, via head shot, by me. Greatest shotgun kill ever. Needless to say I was then chased off and killed, but who cares?

ZaeZae64

OP
Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
toguro_max said:
The first time i got a Red Saber on Phantasy Star Online v2 for Dreamcast. How i loved that game...
Truth be told I've never played any PS game.
Although my friend is a big fan of them. Can you still play online on the Dreamcast version?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@ OP: Thanks for those TF2 moments. I literally bawled my eyes out at all of them!
rofl2.gif

As for me... the first thing that comes to mind is going on this insane hotstreak on Gunbound 6-7 years ago. I was so proud of myself. Using Mage, all of my shots + the super were spot on. Wrecked the entire opposing team.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well...my memorable moment was when I and FiReFoX_7 were playing rise of nations and we just used all neclear weapon and drawed the game
tongue.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Flying a banshee, being blown up and then having the cockpit hit the person who blew me up and I get a splatter kill for it. ^^
Being base-ra**d on War Rock and running for miles across the map to find a useable helicopter to try and flush them out.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Memorable online moments, you say?

- Strapping C4 to a capture point in Black Ops then sitting back, waiting for some newbs, and watching the meat shower.

- Being invited to a Linkshell about 2 minutes into my first day playing FFXI. Some guy called Zoku came running up to me, handed me something, then after that I was part of their group. They were really helpful. Especially our resident white mage Faith, who I'm now good friends with outside of the game environment. She helped me get my chocobo
smile.gif

- Playing team deathmatch on Ace Combat 6. Small scale battle, 4 on each side. My team mates went by the online handles of Chopper, Edge and Archer (with numbers and the like added on, but you get the idea), I swear to God. So in the second round we all went in with the Razgriz colour schemes on our planes. Wish to God I had that on video.

- My first match on DOA Dimensions. Some douchebag spamhammer who seemed to think the 3DS only has one button. Even with the laggiest connection in the world (seriously, fighting in Slo Mo a la Matrix) I still whupped his ass.

- Getting my ass handed to me the very first time I ever went online. My first online experience was on my 360, playing Blazing Angels. First day with a new system, not very experienced, but I'm a great pilot. Always was. I'm damn near untouchable on Ace Combat or Lylat Wars. But I was matched against somebody with the online handle 'PorkyPig'. And....I never even saw the guy. He was all over me like flies on cow shit. Never stood a chance. From that point on I learned a valuable lesson in humility. I've always wanted a rematch against the guy, see how I fare now that my skills have greatly improved.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To take it back the the beginning the first real multiplayer game i played was Gunz (runescape/maplestory don't count), enjoyed the heck out of that game, despite the hit detection problems, i got really good at it, then i moved onto soldier front, my first FPS, got in a clan there and had some really good times, then we just sorta quit, that's when i discovered CoD4 on my PS3, then just been going up through all of the CoD games on PS3 and various other games ever since.

Pretty much any public match in Call of Duty, i feel incredibly superior to the vast majority of people out there, however every once in a while a really good player comes up on the other team and we basically become nemesis's for the rest of the match. And then it always feels awesome when we end up on the same team and pwn the other team
nyanya.gif

I play L4D(2) all the time and the last finales are always epic when u barely make it with tanks chasing you, especially when you have to leave a teammate behind

Also, the dodgeball mod on TF2, when i first discovered that i played for hours, got really good, but it always messed up my game so i had to reinstall TF2 to play normal servers again

Also playing co-op on portal, finally getting those really hard puzzles is just awesome..

Lastly, i'd be remiss if i didn't mention my long journey through LBP(2) online, been with a group of online friends from the beginning, i've had sort of a fallout and gotten back, and the group has always been changing, but i've been with one friend since the very beginning. Creating good levels just feels great, but it's a big time commitment.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The only game I've eve played online is Mario Kart (Wii and DS).

S:\Online\Pics\Foreverprone\codreference.png

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy 11 - First time my linkshell tried to take down Fafnir. We were the first NA linkshell to get to try. We got all excited and waited for it to spawn and it finally did and it was Nidhogg. ha. Took us 7 hours. Meanwhile the JP linkshells surrounding us telling us to just give up. And we died in the end.

Now it can be killed in less than 10 min.

Oh and another one...

Meeting my wife in FF11. ;>
We even had our characters made into wedding toppers.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
playing phantasy star portable 2 for the 1st time and being amazed by the wings and asking about mirage blasts and tech mags
getting hacked to lvl 200 on day one i had to delete my char =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?