Memorable moments in any online game?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ZaeZae64, Jul 2, 2011.

Jul 2, 2011
  1. ZaeZae64
    OP

Member ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Evenin' Temp.
    So I'm rather bored so I thought I'd start this topic. Online games. We play 'em, we love them (some of them), we make fun of new players for the dumb stuff they say, get accused of hacks and of course some funny things happen.

I shall start. Mine's more just interacting with noobs on TF2.
    And as an added bonus have a thing.

You guys got anything you'd like to share?

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Finally getting a Barroth Switch Axe in MHT. Oh, how I love it so [​IMG]

3. ZaeZae64
    OP

United States
    I should start playing MHT one of these days.
    Would there be a good place for a noob like me to stock up on knowledge? Since this'll probably be my first Monster Hunter game.

4. ars25

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    my memorable times in a online game was whenm i beat the shiz out of a hacker and when a whole mess of them overwhelmed the game i swear it droped my kdr from .85-.55 .30 whole points ughhhhh

5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Probably back when I ran a guild of 120 or so. I think we capped it at 120 because we were too powerful already...yeah had to be 120.
    Basically ran the Ragnarok server we were on, it was fantastic.

Being co-leader of a smaller guild on a different server was also really fun, leading people to victory when it was like 10 of us vs 30 people, and we always managed to protect our castle.

6. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    Playing TF2 for the first time with my school mates

7. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    I remember playing this game, Gunz I think...

So two guys were busy trading what seemed like all their ammo machine-gunning each other from like 5 feet away [or whatever unit of measure is used on online FPSes anyways]. I strolled by with my newly-purchased shotgun, and randomly took a potshot at them [I was too far away to even hope to hit them]. Then one of the guys died, via head shot, by me. Greatest shotgun kill ever. Needless to say I was then chased off and killed, but who cares?

8. toguro_max

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    The first time i got a Red Saber on Phantasy Star Online v2 for Dreamcast. How i loved that game...

9. ZaeZae64
    OP

United States
    Truth be told I've never played any PS game.
    Although my friend is a big fan of them. Can you still play online on the Dreamcast version?

10. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    @ OP: Thanks for those TF2 moments. I literally bawled my eyes out at all of them! [​IMG]

As for me... the first thing that comes to mind is going on this insane hotstreak on Gunbound 6-7 years ago. I was so proud of myself. Using Mage, all of my shots + the super were spot on. Wrecked the entire opposing team.

11. Chhotu uttam

Member Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

India
    Well...my memorable moment was when I and FiReFoX_7 were playing rise of nations and we just used all neclear weapon and drawed the game [​IMG]

12. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Flying a banshee, being blown up and then having the cockpit hit the person who blew me up and I get a splatter kill for it. ^^
    Being base-ra**d on War Rock and running for miles across the map to find a useable helicopter to try and flush them out.

13. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Getting a headshot with a frag grenade on Conduit 2. I threw it from far away and it exploded just as it hit the guys face, lol.

14. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Memorable online moments, you say?

- Strapping C4 to a capture point in Black Ops then sitting back, waiting for some newbs, and watching the meat shower.

- Being invited to a Linkshell about 2 minutes into my first day playing FFXI. Some guy called Zoku came running up to me, handed me something, then after that I was part of their group. They were really helpful. Especially our resident white mage Faith, who I'm now good friends with outside of the game environment. She helped me get my chocobo [​IMG]

- Playing team deathmatch on Ace Combat 6. Small scale battle, 4 on each side. My team mates went by the online handles of Chopper, Edge and Archer (with numbers and the like added on, but you get the idea), I swear to God. So in the second round we all went in with the Razgriz colour schemes on our planes. Wish to God I had that on video.

- My first match on DOA Dimensions. Some douchebag spamhammer who seemed to think the 3DS only has one button. Even with the laggiest connection in the world (seriously, fighting in Slo Mo a la Matrix) I still whupped his ass.

- Getting my ass handed to me the very first time I ever went online. My first online experience was on my 360, playing Blazing Angels. First day with a new system, not very experienced, but I'm a great pilot. Always was. I'm damn near untouchable on Ace Combat or Lylat Wars. But I was matched against somebody with the online handle 'PorkyPig'. And....I never even saw the guy. He was all over me like flies on cow shit. Never stood a chance. From that point on I learned a valuable lesson in humility. I've always wanted a rematch against the guy, see how I fare now that my skills have greatly improved.

15. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    To take it back the the beginning the first real multiplayer game i played was Gunz (runescape/maplestory don't count), enjoyed the heck out of that game, despite the hit detection problems, i got really good at it, then i moved onto soldier front, my first FPS, got in a clan there and had some really good times, then we just sorta quit, that's when i discovered CoD4 on my PS3, then just been going up through all of the CoD games on PS3 and various other games ever since.

Pretty much any public match in Call of Duty, i feel incredibly superior to the vast majority of people out there, however every once in a while a really good player comes up on the other team and we basically become nemesis's for the rest of the match. And then it always feels awesome when we end up on the same team and pwn the other team [​IMG].

I play L4D(2) all the time and the last finales are always epic when u barely make it with tanks chasing you, especially when you have to leave a teammate behind

Also, the dodgeball mod on TF2, when i first discovered that i played for hours, got really good, but it always messed up my game so i had to reinstall TF2 to play normal servers again

Also playing co-op on portal, finally getting those really hard puzzles is just awesome..

Lastly, i'd be remiss if i didn't mention my long journey through LBP(2) online, been with a group of online friends from the beginning, i've had sort of a fallout and gotten back, and the group has always been changing, but i've been with one friend since the very beginning. Creating good levels just feels great, but it's a big time commitment.

16. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    The only game I've eve played online is Mario Kart (Wii and DS).

S:\Online\Pics\Foreverprone\codreference.png

17. gigcees

Member gigcees GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    dude, wtf is that even possible

18. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    Final Fantasy 11 - First time my linkshell tried to take down Fafnir. We were the first NA linkshell to get to try. We got all excited and waited for it to spawn and it finally did and it was Nidhogg. ha. Took us 7 hours. Meanwhile the JP linkshells surrounding us telling us to just give up. And we died in the end.

Now it can be killed in less than 10 min.

Oh and another one...

Meeting my wife in FF11. ;>
    We even had our characters made into wedding toppers.

19. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    playing phantasy star portable 2 for the 1st time and being amazed by the wings and asking about mirage blasts and tech mags
    getting hacked to lvl 200 on day one i had to delete my char =(

20. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    [​IMG]
    [youtube]eSDHqv6CHLg[/youtube]