Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype could see the light of day...if you suppo

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
250px-Mml3projectlogo.png
The following blurb pertains to Reika Morishita, the woman behind the Rockman DASH theme songs. She's going to be reprising her role on the tracks, but it seems that the sales of this 'album' could mean big things for Mega Man Legends 3.

"To support our community, she is going to release her Mega Man Legends soundtrack reprisals at the end of May or early July, tentatively. During the meeting yesterday, she said that if her new soundtrack makes over 20,000 sales, Capcom Japan is likely to release the Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version on the e-shop. Although there are no guarantees, keep in mind she is a well-networked individual."

It's not a gaurantee by any means, but it's the most positive thing we've heard about Mega Man Legends 3 in a long time. Having that prototype hit the eShop would be great, and of course, it gives me hope for the future of the Legends series in general!
To all Megaman Legends fans, get your wallets ready! XD Well, I hope this is true, Megaman Legends would've been an awesome game. But that is kinda slim chance, plus, it also gives the idea that she kinda wants to get money so she's giving us false hopes to buy it..... But who knows? Anyhow, it's our only hope.

:arrow: Source:
http://gonintendo.co...story&id=175973

EDIT: I think when I copy pasted the title it was too big lol XD sorry about that :P

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seem, pretty interesting, if she does have connections and well, if people did buy it would show interest, this could be some sort of marketing plot, but it could work none-the-less.

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seem, pretty interesting, if she does have connections and well, if people did buy it would show interest, this could be some sort of marketing plot, but it could work none-the-less.
You're making 100% sense there. I completely agree with the marketing plot thing. I mean, lots of people would buy it this and they would make lots of money, then if it was true, they will sell the game and make great profit again.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
could be capcom trolling us to get into our wallets.....what if it sells really well and capcom says...oh yea...the prototype is out..but not game....there is not really any point...would just get us mad at capcom again (when are we not?)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
*sniff sniff* Is that a marketing plot I smell?

I can already see it...
*100's of thousands of people buy the album*
*Capcom announces important announcement*
*Everyone gets excited OMG YEAAAAH*
*Capcom Representative: "I'm sorry to announce that after careful counting of our money consideration, we've decided NOT to resume development of Mega Man Legends 3 yet so we can use some other marketing ploy for all of your money due to various reasons"*
*RIOTS. RIOTS EVERYWHERE.*

Reactions: 10 people

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
*sniff sniff* Is that a marketing plot I smell?

I can already see it...
*100's of thousands of people buy the album*
*Capcom announces important announcement*
*Everyone gets excited OMG YEAAAAH*
*Capcom Representative: "I'm sorry to announce that after careful counting of our money consideration, we've decided NOT to resume development of Mega Man Legends 3 yet so we can use some other marketing ploy for all of your money due to various reasons"*
*RIOTS. RIOTS EVERYWHERE.*
And then WWIII would begin.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I like how at first the prototype version was going to be a look into the potential sales of the full game.
Now we have to pay for a CD that might be used as a look into the potential sales of the prototype version -.-

Reactions: 1 person

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont believe it really.
i dont even think that this woman would legally be allowed to sell this soundtrack just like that, but anyway, sounds more to me like she's trying to cash in a little from work that would otherwise simply go to waste

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so just wondering. but isnt a prototype usually really short or something. my guess is that it would cost 1.99 at e-shop if it actually come sout.
Yeah, the estimated price for it, that they had given back then was around 2$.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we'd be buying a demo....for a game that will never be finished...? The hell, Capcom?
Well the demo in it's own right is an actual game, it's a prequel to the actual game, and I imagine it won't be included with the full release (if there ever is one.)

That's even worse. It's teasing us with gameplay and story...to something that is incredibly unlikely to ever see the light of day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety