Mega Man Legends 3 may not be dead

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Karaflaga Tumeeg, Apr 24, 2012.

Apr 24, 2012
  1. Karaflaga Tumeeg
    OP

Newcomer Karaflaga Tumeeg Member

United Kingdom
    http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/04/22/get-me-off-the-moon-support-morishita-reikas-music-to-support-mega-man-legends-3/

Plenty of you seemed to want a 3DS solely for this game, maybe there is a chance for you to have it after all.

1 person likes this.

2. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Don't fuck with me, Capcom.

2 people like this.
  3. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I swear there was another thread about this but I dont remember where.

4. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    And then...
    "OMFG NOT ENUFF DOWNLOADS MUST NOT WASTE TIME MAEKING GAEM!!!"

5. Tsuteto

Member Tsuteto GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay, with all the talk about this game, I seriously need to look into the other two Megaman Legends games now, dangit. *sigh* There goes another portion of my life :/

6. LTK

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Marketing ploy ahoy

1 person likes this.
  7. Karaflaga Tumeeg
    OP

Newcomer Karaflaga Tumeeg Member

United Kingdom
    I thought this myself, they know there are fans who will pay up just for the chance of it working.

8. lufere7

Member lufere7 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
  9. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    I always knew they were going to do it in someway. Its just crapcom using a stupid marketing ploy to get us to buy cheap music for a game from the late 90s so we have a chance at getting a glorified payed demo, for a game they are probably going to release anyway since it was almost halfway done when it was cancelled. Dammit crapcom, I'm sick of these not-as-entertaining-as-annoying games! I better go order my damn copy :glare:

10. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    Man I just wanted the game not some music from it. I hope the game does get made though.

11. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    "We're sorry, not enough people participated in the album survey. The project is cancelled again. However, we're keeping the album sales and planning our next marketing ploy further teasing you.

Fuck You,
    Capcom"

12. servant

Member servant GBAtemp Regular

United States
    :unsure: why would a musician have more power in getting this game made than the creator of megaman?

2 people like this.
  13. The Milkman

United States
    Why did it take capcom fucking 3 months to decide if they wanted MH3G to be localized in any country other then japan? They are dicks who seem to only give a fuck about how much cash they can shove into their pockets while running on the fanboy fuel of anyone who actual enjoyed their games before it was all SSFIV "Look-at-all-the-shit-that-could-have-been-DLC" editon and Resident Evil being all about fucking prequels and side storys. Its not that anything os bad about their games, I mean SSFIV is the only traditional fighting game I actually liked. Its just they need to stop thinking so much about the damn money and more on who is giving to them.

14. servant

United States
    lol why in the world would they do something like that, no offense, but capcom will likely never consider their fanbase to any degree other than the interest of polling.
    Capcom doesn't have a reason to care about its fanbase, their games will sell regardless of the many people PO'd at that them. Even if a majority of their fanbase hated them it wouldn't stop their sales and as soon as Capcom does something "considerate" every person bi%#$ing and whining about them will go right back to buying their DLC/crap filled games.

1 person likes this.
  15. thewarhammer

Newcomer thewarhammer Advanced Member

Brazil
    ...I still have hope. Even with Capcom screwing almost everything nowadays (Resident Evil Revelations is one of the very few exceptions), if they revive Dash/Legends 3, their path to redemption will shorten a little...

16. The Milkman

United States
    That's the sad part. No matter what crap they seem to shove out people buy it up just because of house-names. Its just like someone will buy Beats over some other off brand even though they both sound the same, house-name. I was simply answering your question, also no offense taken.

17. servant

United States
    lol reminds me of when I was working at radioshack.
    I could never figure out why someone would throw down $100 on a pair of headphones that literally broke within a month unless you treat them like gold. lol I got a pair and they sounded just like the $10 sets we put up for shelf space, only difference was the bass on the beats made the music sound like a garbled mess. We pretty got told to push 'em like crazy because they were expensive and customers didn't know shit.

18. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    I hope this is true, despite everything about Capcom (them coming out and essentially blaming the fans for MML3's cancellation is possibly the lowest thing I've heard any gaming company say). Though I'll definitely have to go back and finish off Legends 1 and 2 if this happens. Lol.

Honestly, I just want a real Mega Man game, period. Legends or not. Has there even BEEN a true retail Mega Man game since ZX: Advent? (I'm not counting DLC titles like 9 and 10)

19. The Milkman

United States
    Well...no. There was plans for a squel to advent but those got scrapped fast, especially seeing how ZX wasn't even supposed to have a squel, but other then the WW/XLBA/PSN Megaman 9 and 10. Hasn't been a new one since Advent.

20. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Please... Kill me... The pain...
    [​IMG]
    KILL ME!!!

2 people like this.