Karaflaga Tumeeg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/04/22/get-me-off-the-moon-support-morishita-reikas-music-to-support-mega-man-legends-3/

In the latest edition of Roll’s Wrapup, their International Strategies Team in Japan met with Morishita Reika, [...]

Get Me Off the Moon reports that she possesses strong contacts within Capcom Japan, and offers the following:

To support our community, she is going to release her Mega Man Legends soundtrack reprisals at the end of May or early July, tentatively. During the meeting yesterday, she said that if her new soundtrack makes over 20,000 sales, Capcom Japan is likely to release the Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version on the e-shop. Although there are no guarantees, keep in mind she is a well-networked individual. Fans in Japan in general do not expect an announcement of a new Mega Man title until next year, and the direction of the Mega Man brand is still undecided. We will do whatever it takes to support those in and out of Capcom Japan still fighting quietly for us."

Plenty of you seemed to want a 3DS solely for this game, maybe there is a chance for you to have it after all.

Reactions: 1 person

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, with all the talk about this game, I seriously need to look into the other two Megaman Legends games now, dangit. *sigh* There goes another portion of my life :/

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always knew they were going to do it in someway. Its just crapcom using a stupid marketing ploy to get us to buy cheap music for a game from the late 90s so we have a chance at getting a glorified payed demo, for a game they are probably going to release anyway since it was almost halfway done when it was cancelled. Dammit crapcom, I'm sick of these not-as-entertaining-as-annoying games! I better go order my damn copy :glare:

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We're sorry, not enough people participated in the album survey. The project is cancelled again. However, we're keeping the album sales and planning our next marketing ploy further teasing you.

Fuck You,
Capcom"

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure: why would a musician have more power in getting this game made than the creator of megaman?
Why did it take capcom fucking 3 months to decide if they wanted MH3G to be localized in any country other then japan? They are dicks who seem to only give a fuck about how much cash they can shove into their pockets while running on the fanboy fuel of anyone who actual enjoyed their games before it was all SSFIV "Look-at-all-the-shit-that-could-have-been-DLC" editon and Resident Evil being all about fucking prequels and side storys. Its not that anything os bad about their games, I mean SSFIV is the only traditional fighting game I actually liked. Its just they need to stop thinking so much about the damn money and more on who is giving to them.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol why in the world would they do something like that, no offense, but capcom will likely never consider their fanbase to any degree other than the interest of polling.
Capcom doesn't have a reason to care about its fanbase, their games will sell regardless of the many people PO'd at that them. Even if a majority of their fanbase hated them it wouldn't stop their sales and as soon as Capcom does something "considerate" every person bi%#$ing and whining about them will go right back to buying their DLC/crap filled games.

Reactions: 1 person

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...I still have hope. Even with Capcom screwing almost everything nowadays (Resident Evil Revelations is one of the very few exceptions), if they revive Dash/Legends 3, their path to redemption will shorten a little...

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol why in the world would they do something like that, no offense, but capcom will likely never consider their fanbase to any degree other than the interest of polling.
Capcom doesn't have a reason to care about its fanbase, their games will sell regardless of the many people PO'd at that them. Even if a majority of their fanbase hated them it wouldn't stop their sales and as soon as Capcom does something "considerate" every person bi%#$ing and whining about them will go right back to buying their DLC/crap filled games.
That's the sad part. No matter what crap they seem to shove out people buy it up just because of house-names. Its just like someone will buy Beats over some other off brand even though they both sound the same, house-name. I was simply answering your question, also no offense taken.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol reminds me of when I was working at radioshack.
I could never figure out why someone would throw down $100 on a pair of headphones that literally broke within a month unless you treat them like gold. lol I got a pair and they sounded just like the $10 sets we put up for shelf space, only difference was the bass on the beats made the music sound like a garbled mess. We pretty got told to push 'em like crazy because they were expensive and customers didn't know shit.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is true, despite everything about Capcom (them coming out and essentially blaming the fans for MML3's cancellation is possibly the lowest thing I've heard any gaming company say). Though I'll definitely have to go back and finish off Legends 1 and 2 if this happens. Lol.

Honestly, I just want a real Mega Man game, period. Legends or not. Has there even BEEN a true retail Mega Man game since ZX: Advent? (I'm not counting DLC titles like 9 and 10)

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is true, despite everything about Capcom (them coming out and essentially blaming the fans for MML3's cancellation is possibly the lowest thing I've heard any gaming company say). Though I'll definitely have to go back and finish off Legends 1 and 2 if this happens. Lol.

Honestly, I just want a real Mega Man game, period. Legends or not. Has there even BEEN a true retail Mega Man game since ZX: Advent? (I'm not counting DLC titles like 9 and 10)
Well...no. There was plans for a squel to advent but those got scrapped fast, especially seeing how ZX wasn't even supposed to have a squel, but other then the WW/XLBA/PSN Megaman 9 and 10. Hasn't been a new one since Advent.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Please... Kill me... The pain...
MEVYr.jpg
KILL ME!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News