Mega man legends 2 ladder glitch!

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JAF-DOL, Jan 29, 2015.

1. JAF-DOL
    OP

JAF-DOL Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2014
    Hi folks:)

I am in need of some help to one of the rare ps1 game, megaman legends 2 on my psp:

I have started playing Mega man legends 2 on my PSP (which is on 6.20 but donĀ“t have the PRO-B unless I do install the update or the fast recovery. The permanent patch gives me the message that "this game cannot be started and the data is corrupted " which will leave me to every time that I restart my PSP, it will go back to 6.20 and not with PRO.)
    After I got the first key and try to climp up the ladder to my ship it hangs with a black screen and even turns off the machine!!
    I know that this problem/glitch is not new and has always been the major problem to running this game fully.

I tried pal version since I played US version of the game but the fuc.... glitch is still there and the compatibility list say that 6.20 PRO-B4 fixes the glich but I have tried the 6.20 PRO-B4 it still is there... are there something i am doing wrong??

After have read the compatibility list for the game many times, have read a lot of some others websites containing infomation how to bypass the glitch and upgrading and downgrade my psp many times now... I decided to ask for some help insteadXD

Right now I am in confusion if I shall install popsloader on my psp which will run the ps1 game on another firmware because people has said that both 3.52 and 3.71 bypass the glitch itself or I should downgrading the firmware itself??

Any help is appreciated:D

2. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012
    You could play past that point on PC, save then import the save to your PSP somehow?

3. DDTarZan

DDTarZan Never getting laid again /s

Nov 11, 2009
    United States
    In some trees
    I would like to know the solution for this as well. This is the one game I desperately want to play through. I personally have tried every firmware of popsloader to try to get this to work with no success. I don't even have a good enough computer to want to try to pass the freezing area with an emulator so I can't tell you if that works. As far as I know the game is simply unplayable on psp. :/

4. JAF-DOL
    OP

JAF-DOL Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2014
    YES YES!!!
    I finally get past with that ladder glitch and can finally play the rest of the game... I am so happy:D (I simply love the first gameXD)
    Here is what I did:
    First I updated my PRO version from B4 to B8 so I could do the rest of this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-installing-popsloader-v3-on-pro-b8-through-pro-c-cfw.301579/

After I did every step on the guide I tried to load the game first with 3.71 with the installed popsloader based on the "pops compatibility list", but it was still there... I almost gave the hope up but decided to run the game in 3.52 which is said to be fixing the glicth itself... and do you know what... IT DID IT!!!:hrth:

I managed to come in the ship and saved my game with Data and could finally give the key to blucther!!

So I recommend to everyone who has problem with the damm ladder to install popsloader if you want to continue the game;)

Have a nice dayB-)