ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
All things work out for the best. I got this game the moment I got home. I'm so happy. I wouldn't even know it came out today if I hadn't looked on Wikipedia at school........I'm glad I did. So who less has it and feels about it

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
INDEED IT DOES!
grog.gif

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's harder then the earlier games, makes sense though as most of the people picking this up will be avid old time fans of the series. The enemies do a lot more damage and the timing in some places is critical and will make you stock up on guys and work for it.

I made it to the Wiley stages and quit for the day.
smile.gif
Took me 1 hour of gameplay to defeat all 8 robots.

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
HaTaX said:
I think it's harder then the earlier games, makes sense though as most of the people picking this up will be avid old time fans of the series. The enemies do a lot more damage and the timing in some places is critical and will make you stock up on guys and work for it.

smile.gif

I played it for 1 hour and could defeat only Galaxy Man.. I suck.. those easy games from today made me soft
frown.gif

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
HaTaX said:

smile.gif

I played it for 1 hour and could defeat only Galaxy Man.. I suck.. those easy games from today made me soft
frown.gif
yeah i played it for 10 minutes and already i was yelling OMFG WHY UGH and etc, words along those lines you know?

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balrogs.Pain said:
i downloaded it, i actually find it VERY hard compared to the old games.

Yeah it is... a royal pain in the ass. I fucking hate Tornado Man's stage... wtf is with all those magnets?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
karyuudo said:
Balrogs.Pain said:
i downloaded it, i actually find it VERY hard compared to the old games.

Yeah it is... a royal pain in the ass. I fucking hate Tornado Man's stage... wtf is with all those magnets?
Come back with the Rush Jet, makes it much more bearable.
I just finished it (God the last battle is such a bitch.
hate2.gif
But this is definitely one of the best in the Classic Series. They were going for the Mega Man 2 style and they succeeded. I am definitely going to buy this for Xbox Live when it comes out.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with MM9 is that they took the old NES model and then jiggered it around a bit. The S shaped 'waypoint' drops to new areas didn't used ot have spikes at the bottom so now you need to move away from areas or die. Typically MM games didn't have some thing that would grab you and instantly throw you into a spike, and in general stuff was more rationally laid out so if you took your time you'd be ok whereas now it's just sadistically placed stuff you will take a hit from. Timing issues are insane compared to the challenge of before because now they're puzzle+timing like the mines/moving platforms in the water stage. I put like 30min or so on it and that's as far as I got on water, and galaxy man I made about 3/4 into the stage guessing by distance and got hosed. I've finished MM1-7 and did 1-4 on the GB too in the day and this one makes them look cake.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You think so? The only stage I found difficult, after going through all the NES ones, was Tornado Man's stage. The rest have been simple "Oh fool me once shame on you" moments.

In other news: I made it to #6 on the Leaderboards for Galaxy Man's stage. Gonna try and get even higher.
smile.gif

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Gaisuto said:
You think so? The only stage I found difficult, after going through all the NES ones, was Tornado Man's stage. The rest have been simple "Oh fool me once shame on you" moments.

In other news: I made it to #6 on the Leaderboards for Galaxy Man's stage. Gonna try and get even higher.
smile.gif

There's your "problem"! Been some time since I don't play those..
But yeah.. once you get used to the stage patterns, it gets a lot easier..

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is the first Mega Man game I ever played and it's simply beautiful. Very nice level design. Hard but mostly fair and suprisingly fresh. Haven't beaten any boss yet, though...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrR said:
This is the first Mega Man game I ever played and it's simply beautiful. Very nice level design. Hard but mostly fair and suprisingly fresh. Haven't beaten any boss yet, though...

Wow really? I strongly as I can say so wish you drop the 500pts for Mega Man II and probably I as well since you didn't find this one too bad (MM1 is the former toughie on the block.) MMII has some of the most memorable and epic bosses and stages even the Wily stages, sound track too is the most memorable of much of the run. MM games all follow the standard template really established with MM2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.