Gaming Mega Man 9 kicks major azz

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was around to own the originals when they were new.

While an awesome tribute to the old games it just doesn't feel right. Its hard to explain but this game feels forced or something. Instead of strategy there is a lot of memorization needed. Too many cheap deaths compared to the older titles

I suggest everyone compare this to Mega Man 2 and you might see what I mean.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm currently playing the nes ones in my DS (I'm starting the fifth one). Once i finish the sixth one I'll buy MM9
biggrin.gif

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They really did do a great job with this. It was instant nestolgia just seeing the intial screen. They really nailed the 8bit look. I have been playing MM since I was 10 years old, so I am definately used to these type of games. This game defiantely is amazing.

My only complaint is that they should have released this for NDS or the PSP. Other then that, this was a nice job by Capcom.

I still want to see them remake more MM games on the PSP, since the one they did for part 1 was so great.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
Game isn't harder than the old ones, you just didn't play them for a while.
I disagree, I've beat 1 through 8 pretty recently, 9 pulls stunts you'd never see in the originals.

And I love it, the final boss was such a close call.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
I disagree, I've beat 1 through 8 pretty recently, 9 pulls stunts you'd never see in the originals.

Stunts AKA cheap level design. I think the people who coded this game didn't understand the grace of the originals and instead went for "lets make this hard in any way possible"

MM9 is like the red headed step brother in the Mega Man series

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friends and I played for a solid five hours and only beat Galaxy Man.
frown.gif

I'm really glad that this game is really difficult. It makes me think back to when I was a kid playing games when even Super Mario World was difficult.

Thank you Capcom!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
this game is way hard, i tried the demo on the ps3 and gave up after a while, i just don't have the patience like i did when i was a kid, i did however love megaman 2 on the nes a lot though.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this game is really not that hard, I played for like 3 hours today, and I beat 5 of the 8 robots already. As was mentioned, you guys must have not played the old games a lot. It's old hat. I used the energy packs I got to take down Plug Man, and after that it was all down hill.

There is something this game definately did differently then the NES games though. In this game you really need to switch between costumes in order to beat stages. In older versions of the game, you could easily go through the game as megaman only, but use the other costumes to beat the boss. This game allows you to mix it up and switch between costumes to beat a stage.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that this is that the health gauge is always on screen. I hope I don't get any burn in because of that.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
alucard77 said:
There is something this game definately did differently then the NES games though. In this game you really need to switch between costumes in order to beat stages. In older versions of the game, you could easily go through the game as megaman only, but use the other costumes to beat the boss. This game allows you to mix it up and switch between costumes to beat a stage.

No you don't.. it's just like every other Megaman.. I beat all the 8 stages using the other weapons in the bosses only.

On the last stages though, you can't pass some parts without the weapons, and I don't remember something like this on other Megaman games (never got to the Willy stage on most games but still XP)..

I'm stuck on the second stage of the castle, the guys who designed that are pretty sadistic, hard as hell, not to mention you go back to the first stage when you get a game over
frown.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone checked out the All ranking?

#1 completed the game in 21 minutes and has all challenges completed - Impossible!

Unless that's a coder.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
farfet said:
CockroachMan said:
not to mention you go back to the first stage when you get a game over
frown.gif
Aww crap. I totally forgot about that! And I cant beat the first stage of the castle!
frown.gif
How the hell do I get through the shooting lava part?

Took me some time to figure that out too..
tongue.gif

You can cement the lava with the cement gun

Buy some lives, energy tanks before going to the castle.. the second part is even harder
sleep.gif

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I was talking about in my previous post. Things like the cement. Or the fact that if you use the laser trident, you can hit the enemies with a shield. BTW, you can also cement over spikes.

That is what this game does differently then before. You can use previous boards weapons to make the game easier to run through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte