OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Mini Windows 10 is a WinPE image, bootable from DVD-R and USB devices. It's primary focus is to troubleshoot problematic computers, and fix various problems on the host PC it's booted on. It is not installable. Rufus is the recommended USB creation tool, and is included in the Download folder, along with the file hashes, hash calculator, and changelog. The full MediCat DVD has the 32-bit version of Mini Windows 10 and the PortableApps included. You are permitted to modify MediCat any way you'd like, to suit your individual needs. I will never accept donations, or charge for MediCat DVD + Mini Windows 10. I hope I have answered many of your questions and concerns here. :)

My ultimate aim for this project is to succeed where Hiren's Boot Disc left off in 2012, empowering PC technicians like myself with a multitude of powerful tools in one manageable package. This project will be alive for many years to come, so buckle up Tempers! :yaysp:

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Why is it called MINI Windows 10? Is it the normal Pro version of W10 or what? I'm confused. I guess its not "cracked" but can you input your own Windows 10 key, right? The FAQ didn't really help me, only confused me more.
It's the Windows PE Version, or in other Words the Interface you see when you boot up the Windows Vista+ Installer. Known as Windows Pre-installation Environment. Which is a very striped down version of the Normal Windows version, with the NT kernel (I believe its 6.x).

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've spent my entire day off slaving away with new artwork, making numerous menu modifications, and improving bootup compatibility. Mini Windows 10 now boots using the flat-file method, to eliminate the rare grub4DOS boot errors some people were getting.

Here are some of the latest screenshots I took of my progress:

A minimalist splash screen:
Boot Splash.png

A simple EULA:
EULA.png

The main menu:
Main Menu.png

Booting harddisk partitions menu:
Partitions.png

Harddisk Tools menu:
Harddisk Tools.png

Windows Recovery menu:
Windows Racovery.png

Diagnostic Utilities menu:
Diagnostic Utilities.png

Antivirus menu:
Antivirus.png

Lubuntu boot menu:
Linux.png

Reboot splash:
Rebooting.png

Shutdown splash:
Shutting Down.png

Mini Windows 10 custom boot logo:
Mini Windows 10 Splash.png

Mini Windows 10 desktop:
Mini Windows 10 Desktop.png

PortableApps menu:
MediCat Menu.png

Computer Properties:
About Windows 10.png

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: Shoshi

Mat69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been using FalconFour's Boot CD because the wireless works flawlessly.
If you need wireless drivers the FalconFour's Boot CD has a file called "drivers"
The path on my DVD drive "E" is:

E:\F4UBCD\HBCD_Extensions\XpDrvWLAN.7z\system32\drivers

FalconFour's Boot CD has not been updated since May 2013. It can be downloaded from here . . .

https://falconfour.wordpress.com/2013/08/ ( 671.5 MB )

Keep up the good work Jayro.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have some bad-ish news... But it's nothing too terrible. Its just that with how many good features I've added to this release and updated apps, this MediCat DVD iso is going to be over 6GB in size, so you'll need an 8GB USB stick or larger, or an 8.5GB dual-layered DVD-R. The Mini Windows 10 discs will still be under 4GB though by themselves.

On the other hand, I have also added the Windows 8.1 recovery discs to the mix, as well as driverpacks for chipset, intel LAN, realtek LAN, WLAN, vendor, and mass storage! You can install the drivers your system needs automagically using Snappy Driver Installer, so you can get the machine online as fast as possible.

The driverpacks will be located at:
Y:\PortableApps\Snappy Driver Installer\drivers

I will also include instructions and notes on the root of the ISO. :yaysp:

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: Shoshi

Tacotardis42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an awesome tool, keep up the great work! And just to let you know, I have the same exact problem with updating ESET as Shoshi with the registration error. It's no big problem though, I know how hard it is to get all these things working. Besides for this relatively minor error, it works awesomely!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This is an awesome tool, keep up the great work! And just to let you know, I have the same exact problem with updating ESET as Shoshi with the registration error. It's no big problem though, I know how hard it is to get all these things working. Besides for this relatively minor error, it works awesomely!
I'm ditching the Eset ISO in the coming release, and replacing it with their online scanner. But since it's dependent on internet access to work, I also included LAN and wlan driverpacks. :)

In the event ESET ever updates their Linux-based ISO beyond 1.0.9.0, I may add it back in the future.

Reactions: Tacotardis42

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have gone through the driverpacks one at a time and deleted everything for XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1. I Only kept the drivers for Windows 10 x86 + x64, which shrank the driverpack sizes down to about one 7th of their their original size! I'm also updating SuperGrubDisk2 to it's latest version later today.

roflpwnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll keep my eye on this forsure as I typically use Hiren's but this is much more streamlined. What do you use for hdd testing? ViVard?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password