OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i also tried to creat the bootable usb using "imageUSB" and its the same…...error "only read" thats why i tried to mount the .img to tried to extract whats inside…...

help
Are you running ImageUSB as Administrator? If not, that could be part of the problem. And does your USB stick have enough space? It almost sounds like it's stuck as a read-only drive. Can you format the drive okay? I recommend using SD Formatter to format the USB, and then try again.

joaopais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Are you running ImageUSB as Administrator? If not, that could be part of the problem. And does your USB stick have enough space? It almost sounds like it's stuck as a read-only drive. Can you format the drive okay? I recommend using SD Formatter to format the USB, and then try again.
i also have tried to creat diferente bootable usb with sucess…….but im going to trie your solution jayro
i have an scandisk 3.0 128gb

thanks

Last edited by joaopais,

Ludo453

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
[QUOTE = "Jayro, post: 9150788, membre: 310594"] C'est presque terminé, j'ai juste plus de tests à faire et il devrait être téléchargé dans un jour ou deux. Le démarrage sécurisé est déjà pris en charge, mais il est recommandé de le désactiver. [/ QUOTE]
super merci

joaopais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
i also have tried to creat diferente bootable usb with sucess…….but im going to trie your solution jayro
i have an scandisk 3.0 128gb

thanks
ive tried that but…..no good

i used "sd Formatter"
then i open "imageUSB" as administrator…..
but when i select the medicat .img it says "file defined for read only, trie again with a diferente file name"

titou43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
I have update the main partition with the zip update 20.7 to 20.8 and it si ok...
But I do with the ventoy partition ? I cannot access to this partition under windows 7 ?
And with minitool partition I cannot give a letter to this partition

joaopais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ive tried that but…..no good

i used "sd Formatter"
then i open "imageUSB" as administrator…..
but when i select the medicat .img it says "file defined for read only, trie again with a diferente file name"
found the problem….loool some how, the medicat .img whas set for "read only" but it whasn t me.….so now im creating the bootable usb and will trie if everything is ok

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello
I have update the main partition with the zip update 20.7 to 20.8 and it si ok...
But I do with the ventoy partition ? I cannot access to this partition under windows 7 ?
And with minitool partition I cannot give a letter to this partition
You need to give the drive a drive letter, and it will show up. It's formatted as FAT16.

found the problem….loool some how, the medicat .img whas set for "read only" but it whasn t me.….so now im creating the bootable usb and will trie if everything is ok
Glad you got that sorted mate, what a headache! :P

Hi,

MediCat notice on a Spanish Tech site.
https://www.softzone.es/programas/sistema/medicat/

Redmi Note 7 Pro | Tapatalk
That's pretty dope. I like how it was broken down into feature-by-feature segments, and they even gave me an 8.6 rating. :grog: :toot:

Reactions: Zalex

titou43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Jayro
How to give a drive letter....with windows it impossible...
Which tools I need to use
With minitool partition it impossible to give a letter to the partition ventoy
After the "change letter" and validation the partition not keep the letter "per example t"

BrandonG777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy upgrade method? I have MediCat 20.06 drive I have resized and have about 30 GB of extra stuff I'm hoping I don't have to copy it all off, reflash the drive and then copy it all back. If not, it would be a nice feature to add, if possible.

BrandonG777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think I found a good easy upgrade solution. Seems to work fine as far as I can tell.
  1. Disable Antivirus (You will have problems otherwise)
  2. Select All Folders on existing MediCat drive, CTRL+Click to unselect folders/files you've added (I prefixed all of my folders with numbers [ie 01, 02, 03...99] which makes them easily show above regular MediCat folders.)
  3. Delete folders from existing MediCat Drive
  4. Mount new MediCat image (I use an iodd device but I believe 7zip and Passmark OSFMounter also work)
  5. Copy all folders to existing MediCat drive.
  6. Verify drive boots with the new setup. Success!
  7. Re-enable Antivirus
Any additional info or improvements to this process are welcome.

Last edited by BrandonG777,
Reactions: willk

homeboy38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
[BIOS+MEMDISK]: I thought Ventoy was able to emulate either a bios boot or an uefi boot, but I should be wrong.
ASUS BIOS is pretty limited, I was able to disable 'Secure Boot', I am not sure it has a 'bios' boot option instead of 'uefi' :(

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
[BIOS+MEMDISK]: I thought Ventoy was able to emulate either a bios boot or an uefi boot, but I should be wrong.
ASUS BIOS is pretty limited, I was able to disable 'Secure Boot', I am not sure it has a 'bios' boot option instead of 'uefi' :(
My Asus x570 board labels it as "Legacy CSM" under the boot options. Hope this helps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there an easy upgrade method? I have MediCat 20.06 drive I have resized and have about 30 GB of extra stuff I'm hoping I don't have to copy it all off, reflash the drive and then copy it all back. If not, it would be a nice feature to add, if possible.
There is a UPDATE ONLY button on the front page that you can download which is just around 4GB instead, and you just extract the two 7-zip files to their respective partitions.

Hello Jayro
How to give a drive letter....with windows it impossible...
Which tools I need to use
With minitool partition it impossible to give a letter to the partition ventoy
After the "change letter" and validation the partition not keep the letter "per example t"
After you create the bootable USB, you can open "MiniTool Partition Wizard" from the PortableApps folder and give the EFI partition a drive letter.

homeboy38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you should put on the first page some king of FAQ, especially for the partition moving, I think I have read it a dozen of times (maybe one from me)

daifunai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jayro. My dude. You make a good software compilation.

But - for the love of GOD!!!! - put your EFI partition at the very BEGINNING of the image. Not at the tail end. You make it so people who image their drives have to do manual partition manipulation just to make it so they can expand their partition table beyond the 30GB you've set for it. At the beginning, you leave users with no room to expand because you have your partitions flip-flopped, with NTFS 1st, then EFI 2nd. Instead, it should be EFI 1st and NTFS 2nd, so that ImageUSB can finish by expanding the partition. It cannot expand the NTFS partition because EFI is in the way, and EFI cannot be expanded because it's the incorrect partition type.

It's been like this for the past 3 versions at least. Can you just PLEASE fix it?

Again, EFI 1st, then NTFS 2nd. It's not that hard, and I'm tired of using MiniTool Partition Wizard to fix your mistake every time you release a new version. This is something that could have easily been discovered and fixed months ago.

No adverse effects will happen if you swap the partitions. Tested and proven.

Last edited by daifunai,
Reactions: Jayro

crg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Jayro,

for information on the fujitsu u759 the touchpad does not work with the key

possible to put ultimate boot cd in UEFI?

thank you

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you should put on the first page some king of FAQ, especially for the partition moving, I think I have read it a dozen of times (maybe one from me)
I will later tonight, I hate editing threads on my phone.

Hello Jayro,

for information on the fujitsu u759 the touchpad does not work with the key

possible to put ultimate boot cd in UEFI?

thank you
UBCD doesn't support UEFI booting, and I doubt it ever will. Most of the software on it is old.

But - for the love of GOD!!!! - put your EFI partition at the very BEGINNING of the image. Not at the tail end. You make it so people who image their drives have to do manual partition manipulation just to make it so they can expand their partition table beyond the 30GB you've set for it. At the beginning, you leave users with no room to expand because you have your partitions flip-flopped, with NTFS 1st, then EFI 2nd. Instead, it should be EFI 1st and NTFS 2nd, so that ImageUSB can finish by expanding the partition. It cannot expand the NTFS partition because EFI is in the way, and EFI cannot be expanded because it's the incorrect partition type.

It's been like this for the past 3 versions at least. Can you just PLEASE fix it?

Again, EFI 1st, then NTFS 2nd. It's not that hard, and I'm tired of using MiniTool Partition Wizard to fix your mistake every time you release a new version. This is something that could have easily been discovered and fixed months ago.

I'll experiment with it tonight, this is just the layout that the default Ventoy installs. I never experimented with swapping them around, but it makes sense to do so. Thank you for bringing this up. It should make it easier on me, and everybody else. Do you know if Ventoy can still update the USB this way, or does it mess it up?

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

Yes agreed. EFI partition should be at the start of the drive.

Last edited by Chansm,
Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over