Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2012 (Feb 20 - Feb 26)

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Fanboy's attack. Rational argument to rebuke Fanboy-ism is called reasoning.

Your posts are always off topic and troll whole threads.
"It's also not like the Forces have a good history of getting the best equipment either.... "
Well you are talking about armour and guns... I am talking about the most popular game console.
We just got 136 3DS for the SQN so they can play while off duty on tour. They COULD have gotten Vita's but they all voted and the 3DS won outright. only 8 votes for vita. 128 for 3DS.
On the funny side, we were told to order in 2 games each too... That is all we recieved! lol 2 games! lol
(was supposed to be 2 games each(online games for extra fun)for example.. 136 x 2 different games)
We have one copy of Mario Kart and one of DOA:D. lol
we will sort it with next months funds.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
3DS has sold 10 times more than VITA, this is why the guys here at work(I work for the forces) just bought a load of 3DS's and not VITA's for the SQN.
They like the fact they can get MGS3, resident evil, MarioKart, Splinter Cell, DOA/SSFIV/TEKKEN.
All in REAL 3D.
3DS has a lot of top games out already and more coming out every week.
or maybe it's because it's been out for a year already.

Also the 3DS has been out a year longer than the PSvita. yes. Is that my fault? no.
Is it sony's? YES.

At the end of the day mate, Nobody would buy a 3DS if they didn't want a specific game or new ability(ie 3D videos and photos)
Every single sale is because the games are great.
The vita has OK games only. AND if full good games come out in the future, people will get those games on PS3, Not the VITA. methinks.

soz double post but two different quotes addressed. (so not really a double post)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

Citation needed.

I will shamefacedly admit Valwin's one sided fear trolling of the Vita drives me insane, and i should be better than i am at dealing with his puerility. However, you're trolling me when you make that claim....if there was any sense of balance or equality in the representation of hardware platforms then half of these arguments wouldn't occur. I only chip in to stop the nonsensical posts in support/against the underdog....your contributions that i've seen have never been unbiased or purely constructive..

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Citation needed.

I will shamefacedly admit Valwin's one sided fear trolling of the Vita drives me insane, and i should be better than i am at dealing with his puerility. However, you're trolling me when you make that claim....if there was any sense of balance or equality in the representation of hardware platforms then half of these arguments wouldn't occur. I only chip in to stop the nonsensical posts in support/against the underdog....your contributions that i've seen have never been unbiased or purely constructive..

xist you getting the wrong idea of me all i do is post facts that you seem to get upset and i dont know why

no need to get mad just enjoy the system you like

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS has been out nearly a year worldwide. By next Feb we'll see how much the PSV has sold. Personally I hope it does do well and think that it will once some more AAA games come out for it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
xist you getting the wrong idea of me all i do is post facts that you seem to get upset and i dont know why

no need to get mad just enjoy the system you like

What was your source that told you Game Track was a hoax? Seems more like you'd do anything to influence people's opinion, including lie, so that negative feeling will perpetuate. We both know that you just posted that information to stir up trouble.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
3DS has been out nearly a year worldwide. By next Feb we'll see how much the PSV has sold. Personally I hope it does do well and think that it will once some more AAA games come out for it.

You can't compare them on a timed basis although that seems fair, it is not.
Noone stopped Sony releasing the PSvita earlier. Noone made Nintendo release the 3DS a year ago.
This is a competing market and the last to the post will remain last on most occasions.
Total sales over a set amount of time is (the same time) plausable and an accurate prediction of future sales.
So if you compare this weeks vita sales with this weeks 3DS sales you can compare them(almost)fairly. (even though the vita figures are based on bloated launch sales for the west you see the 3DS is outselling the VITA by a large margin)
3ds this week 76.322
vita this week 11.186

So, for the average consumer, if you want a lot of friends to play online, and a lot of games to choose from, it seems to make more sense to buy a 3DS.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
The vita has OK games only. AND if full good games come out in the future, people will get those games on PS3, Not the VITA. methinks.
>implying every game on vita is going to be for PS3

well yea it seems to go that way

At the moment this is exactly what is happening with many games.
MGS HD COLLECTION although I am not certain, I think this is the exact same game.
LITTLE BIG PLANET yes the same game again with HUD changes. PSP PS3 and PSV versions are almost identicle.(except with vita now you can touch*see below*)
UNCHARTED although basically a demo, it adds nothing new except touch, which is strange since sony have been badmouthing touch for years since the ds launched.
I can list more if you like.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
LITTLE BIG PLANET yes the same game again with HUD changes. PSP PS3 and PSV versions are almost identicle.(except with vita now you can touch*see below*)
Have you played Little Big Planet? Each addition brings new gameplay, etc into it. Please, take your bullshit somewhere else
UNCHARTED although basically a demo, it adds nothing new except touch, which is strange since sony have been badmouthing touch for years since the ds launched.
Demo? That's why everyone is calling it one of the best Uncharted's then. YUP.
I can list more if you like.
Please do, it's quite funny.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not quite sure why people still think that all Vita games will be PS3 ports - the PS3 is an aged system that will be off the market within 2 years tops, the Vita will thrive on it for the next 6. I don't think I need to explain in details what kind of implications follow, do I?

By the way, since when is a "PS3" game automatically "bad"? Not only can you take your PS3 experience outside, often you can even transfer saves. That means that when you go out, you don't think each 10 minutes how much you'd like to play the game X - you just pull out your damned Vita and you play it. If that's not cool then I don't know what is, and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure the 3DS doesn't have such functionality in conjunction with the Wii nor will it have it with the WiiU due to the fact that it's too low-spec to actually run a game of that caliber.

At the moment it's convinient to port titles because the Vita was just released - it takes much less time to port and sell a game then to write one from-scratch, the Vita was just released and the developers simply aren't ready with exclusive titles for it, it's not a particularily bogging concept, it's just plain common sense.

"I am totally not hating on the Vita and I am not bias. I only report the latest news without trying to bend them to my advantage whatsoever. Also, this is my signature:
n4v02h.png
As you can see, I am clearly credible."
You have no clue how funny you look when you write comments like that, seriously.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure why people still think that all Vita games will be PS3 ports - the PS3 is an aged system that will be off the market within 2 years tops, the Vita will thrive in it for the next 6. I don't think I need to explain in details what kind of implications follow, do I?

By the way, since when is a "PS3" game automatically "bad"? Not only can you take your PS3 experience outside, often you can even transfer saves. That means that when you go out, you don't think each 10 minutes how much you'd like to play the game X - you just pull out your damned Vita and you play it. If that's not cool then I don't know what is, and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure the 3DS doesn't have such functionality in conjunction with the Wii nor will it have it with the WiiU due to the fact that it's too low-spec to actually run a game of that caliber.

At the moment it's convinient to port titles because the Vita was just released - it takes much less time to port and sell a game then to write one from-scratch, the Vita was just released and the developers simply aren't ready with exclusive titles for it, it's not a particularily bogging concept, it's just plain common sense.

"I am totally not hating on the Vita and I am not bias. I only report the latest news without trying to bend them to my advantage whatsoever. Also, this is my signature:
n4v02h.png
You have no clue how funny you look when you write comments like that, seriously.

but i dint write that :/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
n4v02h.png
Of course you didn't, it's legible.

This is the underlying meaning of your post though - the text between the lines that you're trying to pass on and that's utter bull.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n4v02h.png
Of course you didn't, it's legible.

This is the underlying meaning of your post though - the text between the lines that you're trying to pass on and that's utter bull.

no is not foxi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also