I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I recently got my friend to send me his M4V ISO that he somehow ripped from the CD a looooong time ago.
I did the full installation and got a couple error messages, but it still installed.

Now when I double-click the icon, the splash thing shows up and then is says that there's no CD enabled.
I've seen NoCD fixes over the net, but I don't know which one to use. Can someone provide me info with which patches are reliable?

And another thing: Mechwarrior 4 came out before XP, did it not? So, technically, it shouldn't even be compatible?

Thanks for any help!

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It works perfectly fine on XP and it came out not long before Windows XP, I am gonna say 2000 or so. I don't know anything about the NoCD fixes but you might as well keep trying them till you find one that works properly. If you know where I can obtain Mercenaries, Black Knight and both of the Inner Sphere and Clan Mech Packs, I would much appreciate it. I have copies of Mercenaries and Vengeance, as well as MechWarrior 3 and it's expansion (imo the best in the series).

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I found a NoCD fixed EXE for 1.0 (I believe I have 1.0) but once the game goes fullscreen, all I see is a black screen with the game cursor in the middle. The background sounds/music of the game is playing, but my keyboard won't work and my mouse won't work. No ALT + TAB, no CTRL + ALT + DEL, nothing.

Can anyone help me? I've adjusted the settings as well and believe me, I CAN run this game.. easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1