moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
worlok375 said:
I see...so if it sucks so badly with all the space taking and the fake positives why does it come pre-installed on some computers? Did Mcafee pay the developers?

Yes because then the company gets to advertise "We got a free AV product on our comps!" and the AV company gets to milk the suckers out of yearly AV subscription fees after that initial free trial period.

I'll also say go with Avast as it's a good program, only thing missing from the free program is scheduled virus scans (retail has that option). It does real time scans of files as they are accessed/downloaded, just not a scheduled system wide scan automatically. You can manually start a system wide scan though, but if it finds something, it stops the process until you respond, so you have to baby it.

If you leave your comp on all the time and want it to scan occasionally while you sleep, I'd suggest AVG, last I had checked, their free version did have scheduled scans, and I think it would even shut down your comp after finishing a scan if you didn't want to leave it on all night.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
jphriendly said:
I would suggest Avira Antivir (what I use), Avast, or AVG (all free)...Nod32 if you don't mind paying. Mcafee is a P.O.S and you will be much better off without it.

GentleFist said:
dude when i buy a new computer i deinstall more than half of the programs on it, and yea i guess they get paid for it

You mean people still buy pre-built (desktop) computers??
wtf.gif
it seems to be the cheapest way nowadays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off